Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

I loved my time at costco spent 10+years opened new warehouse got to be a lead superviser on the front end. Loved all my staff great place to work they are loyal to there staff
Pros
Great company nice people all around
Cons
Job isn't bad if a culture of everyone pull together existed but the highest paid tend to do the least amount of work and seniority is key. If you start as a teenager it probably is a great opportunity and I can understand how people will defend the company ethos from that perspective. I am a pretty open and hard working individual and striving to have balance in this but in my experience the hard work will take years and years to pay off so would only recommend to someone young or in a stable situation financially looking for a second income to a household. I know decent hardworking people who have worked years there and are still part time, which should really indicate to you the priorities and balance of the employer/employee relationship.
Pros
Some good people and free memebership
Cons
Part time status infinitely looms
The staff was thé worst to work with!!Snobs, rude, not helpful at all. There moto #4 be nice to the vendors is a joke. For a new store , the staff are the worst in regards to making you feel welcome! Shame on them.
Pros
Cons
Cold staff
Costco was a ok job it did not pay good enough to pay rent but good people too work with the money of the paycheque was not good Costco was not good job for me
The management hierarchy makes it impossible to advance if management personally does not like you. Despite being an employee who has trained multiple new hires, taken on extra tasks, and proven to be up to the challenge, I got snubbed for promotions or new positions repeatedly. It's discouraging to work hard to train a new hire, just to watch them move up before you do because management simply doesn't like you. This coupled with the attitude of the employees makes for a dreadful work experience.
I’ve been working in Costco Heritage for several months, it’s not easy job at food court but I enjoyed it and I learned proper way of cleaning the machine like deep fried, cook and how to operate machine. A good place to work . The staff are so friendly. Salary wise fair enough and I liked most the benefits.
Working at Costco was a great experience. The management is easy to talk to and to get along with. Training is very extensive and you never stop learning new things
Costco is a great place for employees to get a steady advancement in terms of raises, the same can't be said about landing a full time or part time positions as they are highly sought after and based on seniority. Its a fast paced and highly engaging job on most days and can be highly rewarding if you get along with the staff. Its tough starting out with the company but pays off in the long run if you like the job. You can even switch departments or transfer to other Costcos around the world. Benefits: Good pension plan Health and dental care Steady raises and employee appreciation Good work culture Better than others Work/Life balance Cons: Fast paced and sometimes forgets their employees Can be stressful and intimidating to some individuals It can be confusing for employees if management is not coordinated Hours can be lacking if depending on contract
Best place to work at! I enjoyed all the time I worked there. I couldn't go back at my work because I'm a single mother and can't work weekends. If you fet a job there, keep it. I love Costco
Coworkers, and managers were wonderful. The work itself albeit tedious was also quite enjoyable. Was more than happy to be going into work everyday and helping out the front end.
Terrible place to work. Terrible pay, terrible management. Such a joke. Pretty much a union yet...none of the benefits that come with being part of a union. Your current knowledge and worth don't matter. But hey, stick it out long enough and you too can become Costco Management - no formal training required!! Just hang out long enough!! The pay starts well below anywhere else. Go elsewhere. Anywhere.
many opportunities for learning new departments, great benefits, good pay, very flexible for hours, hardest part of the job is getting the warehouse ready for vice president of Costco.
Fast paced and some heavy lifting. Overall my seasonal position was pleasant. Would work for Costco again if given the opportunity. Not much room for advancement. Very slow in the new year.
it is very fast paced and it tires you out after a certain time. they paid well and gave good hours. If you want to constantly work and have a fast paced non stop environment then apply here.
Fast paced work environment makes the day go by very fast. Work atmosphere is friendly,upbeat and energizing. Management, supervisors and co-workers are very supportive and helpful.
Very physical work. Long term employers do not leave so there is no room for advancement. Everyone starts at minimum wage, you can work anywhere for $15.00 an hour and not have to push in carts, lift boxes and stand for 8 hours straight.
Great benefits and a competitive wage you may have to start as part time but eventually you'll get full time they give you paid vacations, as a new hire you get a minimum of 25 hours a week but have the ability to pick up extra hours in other departments as long as you dont go over 40 hours in a week, the give you 8 sick days a year as well as 5 family days .
Work with great people. Work is always constant. And you get paid very well for a retail environment. You earn more vacation time as you work there longer.
was a great night out of the day I gotta go home and I will bring you home tomorrow wtf this is pointless like seriously. I am annoyed with this survey as it is wasting my time.
Managers don’t back you up. Members get whatever they want. Members treat you poorly and get away with it. Poor hours including weekends and evenings.
-easy access to start and end the day -approachable staff in the work environment -organized plans structured precisely and efficiently -able to communicate with other employees to gain guidance -time management not well maintained with certain employees. with further communication was able to give feedback and resolve conflicts. - working with a wide variety of individuals -learning from others with experience and applying my knowledge in the workplace -building friendships
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks