Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Excellent workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2018
My time with Costco was great. I took time off when I had a child and even though I was pregnant they took very good care of me as an employee. Now my child is grown and I would like to return to the workforce.
Pros
Flexable hours
free food
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2018
it is busy on weekends more family's come.
you always have to be in a good mood
everyone is respected equally
we have long shifts your legs well start to hurt
everyone is welcoming and nice to work with
Pros
free food
Cons
long shifts
very great team member to work with.
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2018
Check logs for incoming daily products. Organize staff schedule. Complete order and receiving data. Make complete inventory safety checks.Check with each cashier to make sure cash is correct. Fill in with all aspects of costco team members when needed
Pros
great team members
Cons
some very heavy lifting of products.
productive
Front End Assisstant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2017
Company has a very strong management structure. Working in the tire sales department was a big leaning curve for me. I learned a lot on this job which will give me help all my life
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2017
Costco has a good work atmosphere and is a great place for students to work as they are really flexible and also have an CSRP program which allows students to have days off when needed for extra studying time.
decent work place
Certified Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2017
It was a great job when it came to benefits and a retirement savings plan. but I did not like how as a tire tech I needed to do a bunch of other departments jobs as well. I did not realize this applying for the job
Good Job.
Stock and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2017
Enjoyed interacting with the people and stocking while helping people find what they are looking for.
Very strenuous job and on feet all day. But overall learned a lot and was good pay.
Overall Great
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 August 2017
great place to work, you meet lots of people during your shifts, management is also great, depending on some situations the job is very very stressful and require extra work on your part to keep the company up to par, includes cross training in many different areas but this isn't always the best for you, its the best for the company.
Ok
Deli/Meat Clerk/ various temp positions (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2017
Very fast paced
No room for error
Management ok
Hardest part keeping up in mornings and during busy times
Some great coworkers.
Overall not bad place but long intervals between raises takes a long time for very small amount. Can take over a yr or more.
Pros
Great people, efficient lots to learn if given the chance
Cons
Raises, seniority (length of time working there)trumps qualifications
Costco
Front End Assistent Cashire (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2017
It was a pretty good job. Management was ok. A typical day was steady work. Steady hours per week. The people that you work with are a nice group of people.
Pros
alway something to do
Cons
on our feet most of the day
Welcoming and employee-orientated structure
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 May 2017
As my first job, Costco was a positive experience. Initially I had expected a more rigid and a very labor-work orientated job, but my manager and supervisors always ensured my well-being and welcomed me into the work force at Costco.

During the day, I would help pack the merchandise into the carts for customers and shelf products. At the end of the day, I would organize carts and unwanted products.

I gained more confidence in greeting and welcoming people. Also, I became more punctual with getting ready for work on time.

The most difficult part of the job is when the lines at the cash registar till become very long since I would have to constantly help packing the merchandise. Since the lines were long, there was a pressure to get the job done faster.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer compliments me for my work.
Pros
Flexible work hours for students
Cons
Work can be hard during peak times
Productivity in a fast pace environment
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 February 2017
Fun, fast pace environment. Almost everyone is great to work with. It is a very busy workplce so I have to work fast but with efficiency.
Member service is number one.
Pros
Free Lunches on occasions
Cons
it was a nice place to work
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2017
it was a nice place to work, it made me work hard and learn how to problem solve. The management was amazing and very flexible.
Great Benefits
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 February 2017
I enjoy working at Costco. They have good values, great benefits and an exceptional system. Would highly recommend working here. They take great care of their members and employees.
Fast pace and communication skills
Full-Time and Part-Time Cashier and Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2017
I have worked at Costco for 2 years now. The job is fast past and keeps you of a chair for as long as possible. Managers aren't the best but that is what happenes when management hires friends and family that don't have management skills.
Great Company
Front End Assistant (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2017
Great Company to work for. Very nice compensation. I wish I could work there full-time. Management at my location was awesome! They trained me to cash in a few weeks after I started. Initially I was hired as a packer.
This is very fast paced atmosphere.
Food Court & Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary East Hill9 January 2017
Costco is very good company to work. They have good employee benefits but really hard to get full time position. Lots to learn , I learned more about customer service and different rotating department schedule will thought me lot. Good team work. Hardest part of job is Food court department and most enjoyable is front end.
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
Fix Schedule
Work place
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2017
It was poorly managed hour wise and there was always more than one person doing a single task and no one was on the same page so it was always confusing
fun environment where hard work and dedication are recognized
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2017
early mornings for stockers are easy to get used to, the workers and management are helpful and fair. good hard work was always recognized and praised. fast paced work means that as you are rarely working in the vicinity of others it is hard to get to know others on a personal level.
Pros
good and fair management, flexible shifts.
Cons
early mornings, short shifts
Fast peace work to get chance to sharpen the customer service skill.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 December 2016
Very versatile job atmosphere but I am enjoying as my focus to improve my skill.
I learn lots of new things in Warehouse, Merchandising, Cash Handling and customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2