Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Burnaby, BC

For 10-11 months working in Costco before , I am satisfied and happy working because I love my job, and I’m happy every day going to work. It is the best place to work.
You get interview more than twice.It would be at least three people who you will face for the interviews. You get the seasonal job first for three months. Stocking would be first job usually.It is at four in the morning until the store open. It is fun place to work and it would be even better if you can get permanent.
Pros
Many employees, relaxing hour given at proper time, good time management
Cons
It might be hard to get permanent job
Soon as you show up for work in the morning, you hang around your fellow coworkers for around 10 minutes or so.. do what you need to do before your shift. when its time, you punch in, grab a buggy, a pellet jack and shrink wrap and go to your assigned department and you basically move as efficiently as possible stocking up whatever needs to be stocked up. Shrink wrap whatever is leftover and forklift drivers to put it away while you work on restocking other products. Once everything is done in one isle, move on to the next isle. If you can restock 7 isles within 2 hours or less, it is considered really good. all pellets are to be aligned. 1 hour prior to opening the doors to members, clean up will commence. Everybody work together as a team to get the wearhouse open for members to shop. After that, break time. break time is only 30 minutes like every other places. Even if you go pass the 30 minute mark by 1 second, itll get recorded onto your review at then end of the 3 month period when its time for a review. Learned how to use a pellet jack for the first time ever. It was confusing at first but after using it a few times, youll get the hang of it. Managements were nice for the most part. At times, it could be fustrating when two managers tell you to do 2 different things at once.
fun place to work with lots of perks and flexible time. I like interacting with the members the most. Time passes fairly during the most of the time you feel busy and engaged most of the time. a lot of things are happening almost every-time so you don’t feel left out friendly management
work day means alot of people to talk to and many new shipping crates to stock. your manager will help in stocking sometimes and knows what is most needed. to be put out.
A very good place to work, co-workers and managers are very nice and helpful. I enjoyed very much working with them. Flexible hours, great job benefits.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
very busy, fast pace
Costco is great for those lucky enough to stay 5 years or more. But for those trying to break in: good luck! Starting pay is just barely above minimum wage and they usually start you off as seasonal. Basically you get no benefits, no job security, no guanteed minimum hours.
It is a great place to work with great benefits and guaranteed pay raise every year until you reach Costco's max pay for the position. Working hard and staying committed will give you the opportunities that you want.
people working around are generally nice and helpful, but pay and jo security is not that good. They generally hire part time and seasonal employees with little to no benefits for them.
I love to work for a Company like Costco. It's a fast paced work environment; but believe me, you are gonna love this place. There are a lot of people from different cultures, it's nice to know them. Really. Also, Costco Wholesale pays very well. So, go for it! without any doubt!!!
Felt like a cog most of the time, managers don't even remember your name and clearly do not care for their employees as they are over-worked themselves. Good place as an entry level job but do yourself a favour and don't stay for too long.
Costco is great, but because of how fast paced it is, your learning curve is difficult. If you can't keep up with a super fast work environment, then don't apply.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Stressful from start of shift to finish.
Very good work space and good people to work with. Loved my job but it just was time to for a change.l
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Not enough lunch time
Costco was my third job and probably the best one. Everyone is extremely nice, you're like a big family their. Members are kind and appreciate the work we do.
If you're a student - they give you the hours you want. If you're a part time - they give you some benefits If you're a full time - they give you the best benefits in the world and they try their best to make sure you're happy/safe/taken care of. Stay here for like 25+ years and you'll be able to own a couple houses because you get raises depending on how many hours you've worked. Some employees make over $25 an hour. Chill worklife, and everyone is super welcoming.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Gets boring
Costco Provided easy part time work , good pay for a retail position and flexible hours. Sundays were paid an extra 4 dollars an hour which was a great bonus.
The day starts when they slide that big door up. As the members slipped through our counter was always first on their list. Helping them with uploading their photos, picking up photos or just giving technical advice to accomplish what they need. We were very lucky in our department as our managers were always there to assist. Yet they felt comfortable to leave us alone to run things. Proper training in equipment and and services is the key to this. The staff I worked with was great, we had laughs but when it came down to working it was a team effort that made the days seem easy even when it was extremely busy. Probably the hardest part of the job was mechanical failure of the equipment and trying to get product to our members as fast as possible. I was a problem solver and loved finding the issue and fixing it. I learned my vendors by their first name so when ordering supplies could learn how the rest of the world was doing and putting orders for our lab. The best part of my job was one on one with the members and the people I worked with.
Pros
Good pay/benefits and great people to be around
Cons
hours no longer coincided with home life wanted more part time
I was a cashier, but my job consisted of many different aspects. Physical labour, stocking shelves, folding clothes, sometimes inventory or training is all part of being a cashier at this job, as well. One time we even got paid to knock out all the tills and help the construction workers install the new ones over night. The pay is decent for what it is, the variety keeps it from being boring, and the staff is a healthy mix of student and lifers. management can be relentless about upselling memberships, but every job as its drawbacks. overall I'd recommend working here, especially for students.
Pros
student programs, decent pay, variety of work
Cons
managment can be pushy
The company respects employees culture and differences. The management always make sure that safety procedures are observed to avoid accidents in the warehouse. Starting salary is low for apersons with their own family so might as well look for a part time to make ends meet but after couple of years you get a livable wage.
Pros
Nice environment of work, benefits
Cons
low starting salary
Working for Costco for 5 years, made me grow up as a person, meeting good people every day and learning a lot about customer service, retail. Is a good company to work for.
Customer service and communication skills. Commercial awareness Working under pressure Time management Responsibility Cultural awareness. Initiative Working in a busy team