Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Burlington, ON

A lot work for just $14 dollars hour. People are amazing good cooworkers. But not enough money and hours. They offer 4 dollars extra on Sun but usually I worked 4 hours on Sundays and night shift.
Benefits
Cons
A few hours, not overtime
Hard work stressful but if you can handle it its good the managment was being changed so that might be why it was hard great co workers but schedule changed a lot
benefits
Cons
members
I worked with costco for over a year and I ended up leaving because the management refused to train me to run forklift because of my mental health. I drove the electric pallet jack and my boss said that I was one of the best drivers however she was uncomfortable with my being a driver because of my mental health issues. I cannot work for a company that ignores when an employee raises safety concerns just because they have mild mental health (my doctor has never been concerned about my stability)
Overall, Costco is a place that covers the cost of living with benefits, pension, competitive and reasonable wages with a massive group of friendly people. Teamwork is key, safety guild lines are strict and it’s a really fast paced environment! The training provided is a great experience and there’s many opportunities to move forward in the company! I’d highly recommend working for a company such as Costco
I my experience, Costco has been an enjoyable place to work. It can be extremely fast paced, but it is always fun and exciting. It can be very stressful at times.
Note, I can only comment on the store where I worked. While Costco, as an employer, appears to garner high ratings and praise year after year; I have found it to be surprisingly mismanaged. I am totally surprised by the poor morale of 80% of the employees and the lack of talented and dedicated managers. Costco seems to be successful, in spite of how it is managed overall.
I was a student that worked as a CSRP. They always called me back every summer and Christmas holidays. Very supportive and gave me time off when I went back to school, and I always had a position when I finished school for the year.
Pros
Very flexible with students
Cons
I never had a weekend off
I only worked there for a short period of time as I was a seasonal employee but it was a great job to have. Unfortunately hours were cut and we could not be kept on but there is the potential for a call back. The management team is wonderful. Overall a great job.
- You stand and walk around most of your work day (other than on your lunch time obviously) - You have to work on your own, there is only a part-time employee on some days and on other days it's the full-timer's shifts
Pros
A lot of independence
Cons
On your feet all day
Bloomstar gave me the opportunity to work long hours and gain the knowledge necessary to move forward in the merchandising industry. Costco has far too many employees to become close with the workers and are very helpful and knowledgeable.
Pros
Cons
too many employees
Amazing company to work for Great benifits Amazing people Fun fast paced environment Great management Always promoting from within Loved going to work everyday
Fun atmosphere at Costco. The company regularly hosts events and bbq's to show workers appreciation. Pay structure is very good, though it does take alot of time within the company to get up to max rate, which is around $26 an hour. Company places a strong emphasis on promoting from within. Fun culture. Very busy!
Managers have no idea what they are doing. 16 managers and employees left for stress leave because of general managers. dont expect to have a life outside of work. customers treat you like garbage.
Costco was a great place to work, always work to be done never a dull moment. there are plenty departments to work up to if qualified. people are friendly.
Costco offers great people to work with there are also different positions always available too. Fast pace and lots of fun. Very pleasant members on a daily basis.
Easy work and a great job for college students but must be willing to work every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday with no guaranteed hours.
Pros
simple work
Cons
no life
Great work environment. Co-workers and management are friendly. Busy fast paced location. I was hired a seasonal position. I would like to be hired permanently.
Very fast paced environment, developed my skills to work on cash. Long tiring days, unprofessional management team.
fun environment to work in . room to step up the latter > great pay > good people< room for adancment quickly
Pros
great place to work