Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 69 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Brampton, ON

During a typical day at work me and my crew would great each other and punch in at the same time, after punching in each one of my crew members would go to their different departments and begin to work after we gave each other a motivational talk, i worked in several departments but ecom was my main one. In this department i learned how to unload trucks, package orders and label them for customers, receive items in various aisles and put them in a box to be packaged, and lastly I completed several large orders for the company. I learned the discipline that is involved with dealing with peoples orders and the wonders of teamwork, overall this job was amazing and I'm looking for the same kind of job experience.
Pros
free lunches, food bar in the cafeteria, time and a half payment for overtime work
Cons
achieving a full time job is hard (i was a seasonal worker)
Great place to work Pay is great Fast paced environment Friendly people Great benefits packages Very physical Hours were great Enjoyed working there for 17 years Very strict on rules and regulations
Working at Costco enables you to learn a lot of skills and lessons. Costco is a very fast past environment. The hardest part about working at Costco is to balance your work and personal life. The most enjoyable part is the rewards you get from working at Costco. You are able to accomplish a significant amount personally and for others. I learned that Costco helps you to grow as an individual.
I was only there as a seasonal worker, however with my experience most of the people I worked with weren't very talkative to newcomers. The workload is fast paced and you may need to life heavy things
Great place to work. Always respect authority and the word of others.. stretch and never put the body in the line. Managers are compliant and allow schedules to be quite flexible.
A typical day includes receiving instructions from the supervisor and working as a team to complete the tasks. You learn about teamwork and time management. The culture is friendly, and the hardest part may be working with a lot of customers during rush hours otherwise it is enjoyable.
enjoyed interacting with costumers and other employees. Was able to move around to different departments. this allowed me to learn other positions and become a well rounded employee.
Working here really helped with my time management skills and gave me experience working with a team. I've also develop a the ability to work under pressure in a fast pace environment.
Pros
Working Sundays is +$4 on hourly pay
Cons
Less hours
Rules only apply to some people, there are definitely favourites. Management constantly changes because not one person has made it more than a year through a position.
Pros
Benefits are pretty good
Cons
terrible hours, say goodbye to friends and family because you'll never see them
Kind of leaves you empty if you don't have ways to escape. Retail is not for everyone. But if you are looking for security and a chance to move up with hard work and alot of time Costco is a great place for you
great place to work , great people very passionate about their jobs. lots of opportunity to advance. no uniform treats employees like family. would recommend
You start at a fair wage and as you accumulate hours your wage goes up. They also have a seniority system, if you have been there for a while, you can move up into management.
A fun environment to work in. However scheduling for part-timers I found to be impractical with little room for compromise. Good full-time wages and benefits.The physical aspect of the job is great for sprightly individuals. However, the inclement conditions can be taxing.
Costco is a fast, efficient workplace that has great benefits and room to grow. Love the diversity and the opportunity to help and learn different departments.
It was very stressful, you never got your breaks at the same times, sometimes an hour in, sometimes 4 hours depending on how busy. You need to be able to work fast and efficiently. Members can be mean when they dont get what they want. They are quick to move people up if they see potential. There is a dress code and you need comfy shoes.
Pros
time goes by quick
Cons
Very busy all the time, stressful work environment, and body aches.
Typical day at work is essentially very fast paced. There are high expectations because the company values their reputation. The employees are paid better wages and offered benefits that not many other companies offer.
Just an absolutely, great place to work. Great incentives, free membership for self and family. Benefits are fantastic. I wouldn't have left if there was a location close to where I now live.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
not located in owen sound
I like to work im costco amd it also give me much gcilities butmy schedule don’t match with the job. So, I am looking for a new job. I am very happy and also give my best if you give me an opportunity.
Pros
lunch
Cons
12 hours
Good workplace good benefits and flexible scheduling management could be better overall a really good company to work for good home life and work life balance
Costco is a veryprogressive company, one which present numerous opportunities for individual advancements within the organization with the right guidance.
Costco is a very busy store, constantly working to cater to customer's needs. Very rarely could take breaks, definitely overwhelming at times. Overall good for a summer job.