Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 69 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Barrie, ON

Hands down Favourite job I’ve ever had. really wish it was easier to get hired on full time. No wonder no one wants to leave. would work there forever
The benefits and job security are worth most of the work.. It depends on store location and when you come in. I came to the company when it was going through many changes and it hurt my pay grade. Many amazing people work at these locations. My main issue is how much they give to their senior employees. They keep asking for more and take from the people who are trying to get where they are. Advancement is very slow.. based on seniority. If you are young.. It's an amazing place to build a career. Some cashiers i know make 29.50 hr... If you're middle to older age group.. i suggest a a different look, because advancement is not performance base. I find the company holds a carrot in front of you with little ways of reaching it. But benefits are some of the best in the industry
I liked working at Costco however some of the management is not supportive or helpful. They tend to pick favourites and stick to them. They back their members more than their staff. If you have a dispute with a member even as much as that member calling you a racist for during your job, management will side with the member. There is maybe 2 managers that will have your back and maybe 3 supervisors
One of my favourite jobs! Although it was only a seasonal job I enjoyed working there and they are a very fair employer. It was fast paced but not stressful. I enjoyed all the people I worked with - very nice people.
You have to work your way through but top rate part time even is very good. Much has changed afls far as how long the steps take but put in your time and it's a great company
Great opportunity if you are willing and ambitious. Nice benefits and wages. Flexibility in scheduled work hours. Diverse ages of employees to make communication with customers more effective. Multicultural with people from many countries and ethnic backgrounds.
Fun atmosphere, rewarding work, lots of room for growth and great pay. Management can be a bit erratic at times but great coworker and culture. Would go back in a heartbeat!
I only worked Christmas rush, hoped they would have kept me on but did not. would love to be hired on. The people were wonderful, many different departments I would have loved to try
A lot of hours and constantly on the go with little time to yourself. Nice people and nice managers. Can be very busy especially on weekends. Good place
I enjoyed my time at Costco short as it was. Managers and Co - workers were all very friendly. Its a very busy place to work though dont expect much time for slacking!
Such an amazing job to have. Staff is very friendly and accepting to new workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that you meet and the positive attitude everyone has when coming to work. Always putting the members first which is amazing customer service.
A typical day was helping the cashier with packing/loading the customers goods into boxes, bags and their cart. I found the customers entertaining and engaging. Talking to the customers was an uplifting part of my day, learning about different aspects of their lives. This was one of the most enjoyable parts of my job. The staff I worked with were very supportive of my college endeavors and encouraged my learning ability. Costco has very good work ethics and values which I feel is important.
Pros
lots of room for advancement through the company
I enjoy working with the people there, and dealing with the customers whether pleasant or not. Always have a smile on your face, in any situation. Enjoy working and listening to the radio while working because it makes the time go by fast. Only downfall is not really any chances for full time position because they give full time positions to employees based on senority. When it is slow, they send people home, and don't allow the extra hours if someone is trying to pick up an 8 hour shift
Cons
short shifts, not much chance for full time due to senority
I very much enjoyed my time there, my coworkers and management. The only thing was I wanted a regular working shift each week which is very difficult to gt unless you have lots of seniority.
Pros
great room for advancment
Cons
shift hours
A typical day at work involves customer service and processing customers orders. The hardest part of the job is processing the customers orders in a 1 hour time frame.
The deli department is a family willing to accept anyone in their midst. Within the fast paced need to achieve certain ratios, this is a unique job experience that allows you the fun of interacting with customers, using different equipment provided, and learning how to make numerous salads and foods in a short time frame while keeping to health and safety standards. I recommend this position to those that like good pay for a hard days work and enjoy being able to grow in the field.
I learned that its a very fast paced environment which kept me fit. It truly came in handy for Christmas shopping, even though it was only seasonal. Very nice staff and co-workers. Way to go COSTCO!
Pros
The hours because of my children.
Cons
Being too tall to stock the shelves on the lower racks, in comfort.
Arrive at site 1 hour prior to shift start. Visual inspection done by assistant manager to ensure your uniform was correct. Incorrect, go home, no pay. If correct then check assignment list to see what you would be promoting. Take note of assigned lunch break. Set up table in assigned area, then pick up items required for assignment. Help other demonstrators if necessary. Begin completing promotion & shift forms. Costco opens. Promote, promote, promote. Manager & assistant manager do walk by assessment. Non-stop customer interaction, continue completion of promotion & shift forms. 30 minute lunch break - timed by assistant manager. Acquire more product if necessary (included in lunch break). Back to assigned area. Another walk by assessment done by either manager or assistant manager. Store closing - hand in completed promotion & shift forms to assistant manager, remove & put away items from assigned area, help others, tidy up all storage areas including trash disposal & washing/drying of any cook-ware, individual shift & promotion evaluation performed by assistant manager. 1 hour after store closing, go home. Hardest part of the job was standing in one place for 12 hours, as well as the feeling of being under a microscope due to the ever-constant management presence. Difficult enough being in one spot for the entire shift, let alone being under constant scrutiny & wondering if I'll still have a job at the end of my shift! Most enjoyable part of the job was going home - physically & mentally drained.
Pros
No formal education required
Cons
Constant scrutiny of mangement, no benefits, long hours being in 1 spot
Overbearing managers that really did nothing to aid in situations where there was a problem -- they just went stupid so to speak. Aggressive requests to upsale their memberships or we would loose our jobs. Being brought into small private meetings and horribly treated , verbally assaulted. Accused of saying things to membersthat were never said( only in the minds of the membersi ). No respect for the years I have lived on this earth and the wisdom God has granted me. Or for that matter my four years of university education.
Cons
slavery