Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Balzac, AB

People are very friendly and approachable. good benefits even if you only working part time. i learned a lot especially in the deli department.They make sure all the area is clean and safe.
Theres a room of afvancement but it takes a long time.one thing i dont like here us the seniority base kind if thing as some if those who worked here for a long time were taking advantage of the new ones by iften times killing time when the time was getting close to home time.not all of them but some people i saw theyre doing it and the higher ups dont see this thing happening.
Pros
Free bottled water
Cons
Not guareenteed hours for seasonal workers
Working for Costco meant paycheques so low I could not afford to pay the rent. Five hour shifts both weekend days and 3-4 late nights per week. I am over 35 and I was scheduled for 5 hr shifts till 10:30 while I watched 20 somethings leave 8 hr shifts at 6-7 pm. I have a little person to put to bed. At less than $14/hr I had to pay out much of my wages for babysitters. They think it's reasonable to change your shifts the night before and literally tell staff to ensure to check the schedule every day before they leave to see if more/less hours added or start times changed etc- literally- less than 24 hrs notice and they do it if you are off the previous day too- seriously ridiculous. There is a long term " manager" there with absolutely no skill in managing people and no professionalism whatsoever. Her name begins with P and she is a serious bully. She literally tried to give me trouble for going to the bathroom early on an open shift one Sunday morning. I was less than 5 minutes. I stood up for myself so she didn't like me, but she has a very bad rep for bullying staff ( many are 18 -24 yrs old) and the corporation does not care. This is the culture. Fear. Everyone is afraid to speak up because pay and benefits don't get good until you've put up with their culture for 3 years and maybe you'll kiss enough butt to get on full time. I've watched semi- fit, able bodied men in their 30's and early 40's stand around jingling keys in their pockets acting important inside under the heaters while staff- supervisors and cashiers that are over 55 and one over 65 are running around the - more...
The management was great however, it is not just one job. It is a lot of jobs in one. Whether you're the manager or the packer, there is always something that needs to be done.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
long hours, short pay