Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Ancaster, ON

I met lots of good people and was cross trained in other departments, which made it easy to pick up hours. Very busy location, Management was good in other departments. Long shifts, long hours, lots of evenings and every weekend you work being a part time employee
No communication, if you were hired when the company was formerly Price Club you have a great job, benefits, profit sharing etc. But don't expect much from Costco
Management is incredibly unorganized and overpaid for the job they actually perform. The warehouse manager makes a ridiculous salary and spends 6 months of the year in Florida.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Your whole life revolves around Costco
Costco is an excellent company to work for! The managers and supervisors are always there when employees have questions or problems. Anything from a shift change to getting things setup on a computer system, safety awareness for staff/members or giving you information and assisting you with job advancements. Everyone is very busy and somehow the job always gets done and done to near perfection. Being a part time employee, I was pleasantly surprised to hear that I would also get benefits. I wide range of benefits are offered to everyone! I also have had the opportunity to put money into a pension plan. Costco adds to the plan, which is fantastic. I am thrilled that I have paid sick days, again as a part time employee!! We are also offered family days where we can simply phone into work and let them know we are not able to make it in to perform our shift that particular day. Its a load off my shoulders and very comforting to know that if there is some sort of family emergency or if something urgent comes up, Im able to take care of my family matter and take the day off without being reprimanded! Also still in awe of the pay rate!! Sure, we start off just above minimum wage, however the fact that we are assured a pay raise after 1040 hours of work is just incredible. Works out to a raise every 8 months or so for a part time employee and sooner for full time employees. Not many people can say that they are guaranteed a pay raise each year. It really is unbelievable. Costco is the best company Ive ever worked for!! It is a very fast paced place to work, the day goes by very quickly - more...
The only good thing about Costco enployment is the pay and benefits. They let the managers verbally abuse you, you'll work every weekend and they love seniority for everything
Worked part time during breaks from school. Everyone was friendly, understanding and approachable.This was a great stepping stone, and I learned a great deal about working with others, and interacting with customers.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Standing in the same spot for long periods of time
Management is promoted from within which can be positive but may result in lack of quality personnel. There is very little book training in the areas of Management of People, Communication Skills, Motivational Skills. There are no training opportunities brought in from the outside ie workshops, in service presentations, additional training courses. Morale is very Low. High rate of stress leaves. Physical stress (heavy lifting, cement floor) Mostly positive relationships and friendships between coworkers. Executive Membership provided free of charge
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits, Most coworkers have positive relationships and friendships
Cons
Low Morale, Toxic Environment
A typical day at Costco is pretty straight forward. The manager would usually prepare a rough idea of what needs to be completed for that day and the staff would work off of that. Through my many years at Costco I picked up strong customer service skills. I gained the patience and ability to handle stressful and tough issues the customers may encounter. Overall Costco is a great company and I would recommend the company to anyone looking for work.
benefits
Costco has a great team of people working for them.. lots of room for growth in the company, excellent benefits. Fast paced environment, lots of heavy lifting.
Customer service. Poorly operated. Poor treatment. Inequal distribution of work. Preferential treatment. Eventually good hourly wages after many years worked. Good benefits.
Pros
wages, benefits
Cons
hours, staff
Worked here for over 25 years. Love the people. Love the job. Ive learned so much as an employee at costco. The benifits and rewards are well worth the hours put in
- provided customer service - prepared and served food- worked with a great team- appropriately handled money - very busy, and high demand - awesome management!
Pros
amazing co-workers
Cons
very busy
Fast moving environment that required one to keep up a positive attitude and fast pace. An average day consisted of moving from place to place, from duty to duty based on the staff and needs of the warehouse. You were expected to keep up and work efficiently regardless of the task at hand.
I enjoyed working at Costco. It was fast paced and you were always busy. Nice people to work with and very helpful .They were also fair in how they treated their staff.
Pros
free membership while you were employed there.
Cons
Chances of being a permanent employee were slim
- Workloads not evenly distributed - Poor support from management - Daily customer harassment - Physically demanding - Great pay and benefits - convenient location
Pros
Job Security, Hourly Wages, Benefits
Cons
Work Environment, Management, Task Deligation
Great company, great benefits, fair and just. Hours are not the greatest especially for part time employees. Takes years to attain day shifts. mostly afternoon / late evening shifts.
Pros
benefits, decent wages.
Cons
long hours and late hours.
great position steady wage increase, kind employers/coworkers respectful busy environment, amazing lunch options, don't forget about the samples!!!!!!!+$4 /hour sunday holidays x2 pay and a half
Pros
free samples/ hot poutine and coffee
Cons
slightly dangerous working lot should have hazard pay
Great company to work for have learned so much. Many job opportunities and lots of room for advancement in career. Great benefits and very competitive wages.
Benefits
Cons
Weekends
This company is all about their members and the staff, they stick up for their staff 100% they don't treat you like you are just a number you are actually worth something to the... absolute wonderful company to work for!!!!
Pros
When you work 8 hours you actually get 8 paid hours
Cons
Nothin
Great work environment, low starting pay, but you get steady raises the more hours you work. Great managers and co workers. I would recommend working here over any other retail job I have done.
Pros
Free membership, Steady Raises, Great Benefits and Bonuses
Cons
Hard to get hours as part time or seasonal
I loved the hours and the people I worked with, as well as learning new skills and how to use equipment, in a warehouse type atmosphere
Pros
hours
Cons
nothing