Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 69 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Ajax, ON

Very good benefits. Excellent job security.Good management.Friendly workers.Paid vacation and sick leave.3-5 years to get full time.Everything works on seniority.
I would retrieve items from members, help pack shopping carts, package and wrap food and stock up. The mangers made sure they helped us when needed and my co-workers got along with each other well.
The wages and benefits are second to none in a retail environment. Great staff and management, it's clear from the outset that management wants you to succeed.
Pros
Almost everything
Cons
4 AM start times suck!
A typical day at work would entail me entering the deli and jumping right into whatever the team members were working on prior. It consisted of making entrees, salads, pizza etc. I learned that it really does help when everyone is working together. As it is a fast pace environment I believe that team work is the key to getting things done! Management is decent I love how they not only gave us direction but they weren't afraid to do hands-on work with us DAILY. My co-workers were awesome! The hardest part of my job was coming to a cold environment as I hate the cold very much it wasn't the greatest feeling, wearing four layers helped!
Pros
Extra pay on Sundays
Cons
It's hard to get a permanent position
Am I job hunting for their benefit? I worked there for three years. I always asked to be transferred to Vancouver or the Okanagan and they didn't seem interested.Superstore made me an offer to transfer me and then renegaded on the offer once they hired me, and so I left on my own. I doubt their interested firstly.Secondly, after deregulation and not having a job, and not being able to afford $1,000. every year for all my licenses I let them lapse.Is this sufficient?
Pros
good, but
Cons
spiteful