Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Ajax, ON

A typical day was fast paced and a bit stressful. However, the great team I worked with made for a positive experience. Management was great however, I wasn't kept on (I was seasonal) due to calling in sick after I experienced an accident and provided a doctor's note. This was the only thing that upset me as it was out of my control. But, I definitely would work there again and recommend it to anyone. It's fairly physical if you work with the cashiers as an assistant which actually helped to keep me active. I found it to be a well rounded job for pretty decent pay even at minimum.
Pros
great team environment, good pay, healthy work environment, good management.
Cons
Long physical shifts
Depending on who you worked with your shift could’ve went one of two ways, if you were in good company the shift could breeze by as fast as it started if you’re working with less than cooperative coworkers/ management then it can feel like an eternity. Without giving specifics there was incompetence all around. Honestly it’s a good company to work for but you won’t always be in good Company if that makes any sense... it depends on the location and the hours that you’ll be working everybody’s miserable and just trying to do their best but don’t expect to actually climb up in the ranks without as*-kissing. Generally I would say stay away from any department that deals with food and just try and get Merch or front end or even lot.Allow me to end off by saying not every individual is bad there are a lot of good people in the store who more than on one occasion have been an asset to the company and have shown true good work ethic, that goes for management as well. those people know who they are they are, the backbone of the company they are the foundation of what makes Costco a good company to work for.
Pros
Benefits, paid sick days, paid vacation
Cons
Frequent sick calls from coworkers, Having to close down department by yourself without help most of the time, coming home soaked in blood and meet all the way from your knees down to your boots
Pay is good and it has good benefits, dealing with members can be frustrating but it comes with the territory would recommend working if you think its up your alley
Everyone was nice and helped me if I needed it. it did get stressful at times especially when your new to cash and they had a rush but all in all great learning experience.
It was an okay experience due to as my whole family is employed there working woth family is Okay but you see them at home and at work so it’s kinda hard working in the same place a lot of diversity when it comes to favouritism and I was only part time workings 25 hrs a week wasn’t enough for me
Ajax Costco, is not a great place to work because of management. Management do not respect employees nor do they talk to them with any dignity. Everyone who works at Costco only cares about climbing the corporate ladder.
It was a great place to work for a seasonal position. After the holiday season of that year, my contract ended. Great peoples and good work atmosphere.
Pros
Atmosphere, discounts, customers, salary
Cons
it was a temporary contract
A typical day at work is active and fast-paced with excellent staff and positive working environment. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with a diverse range of friendly staff and always having new exciting things to do.
Pros
employee appreciation lunches
Cons
physically demanding
Great place to work Managers think to much of themselves though. Takes a long time to move up the ladder, as ppl just don't leave here Tough work, be fit. Workplace culture -- like a factory Hardest areas to work: Deli and Meat Dept.
Pros
good wages, benefits, fair and regular increases, bonuses
Cons
hard physical work
Very good with their employees, and the environment is great to work in. Moving from a fast food joint into costco really helped me be able to find my potential as an employee.
Costco is a great place to work. The only drawback is there is not much opportunity for advancement. They pay well, have good benefits and it is a fun work environment.
It was a seasonal position. Here's what I did: o Successfully handled, prepared and served food to Costco customers o Interacted with customers, successfully convincing them to sample product o Responsible for sanitary preparation and cleanup of food service space
Costco Wholesale remains the best retailer to work for. I had felt that I was working for a big retail giant being a strong company with good moral and ethical values and an emphasis on the business customer retention. Costco worldwide with close to to more than 800 business locations . I feel honored and proud to say that I am still part of this big retail giant."
Pros
Cons
Honestly, Nothing bad to say
A typical day at Costco is very busy and you are always moving around. Whether your packing cart, on cash, returning items to the shelves, or stocking shelves. I have learned to work with others as well as work quickly and efficiently. Everyone is very friendly, making Costco an enjoyable place to work.
* a typical day at work - Well it's hard work it pays of at the end of the day when it is said and done * what you learned - To work around the others to avoid interference with your cleaning and their work and be collaborative team player with other duties responsibilities and etc... * management - Very well run place, looking after their employees needs as well as their customers * your co-workers - Most of your co-workers are helpful and understanding people are great to work with * the hardest part of the job - At times removing stubborn hardened flour as well as stains from the ovens and racks * the most enjoyable part of the job - When the work gets done and the smiles you get from the bakery manager and the management. Also sometimes when you assist customers needs as well
Pros
Very good pay. sometimes in the cafeteria free buffets
Cons
Seasonal
When working at Costco i felt welcome. All the co-workers were friendly. The work was usual consist and repetitive, but doesn't add to much strain on your body. The break times are reasonable. They also offer benefits for students.
Pros
comfortable workeplace
Cons
short shifts
Employees are extremely nice and helpful as well as the managers. Learn how to interact with customers, understand their needs. The shift includes stock early in the morning, 4-9 am or late at night, 5-11pm. During store hours you assist customers, pack carts, or clean aisles. The number of customers may seem intimidating, but it is not after a days work there.
Pros
cheap lunch, good pay
Cons
barely any shifts
Workdays went by so fast from the structured shifts I was given. Each day I was doing a different task and I loved it. The co-workers were so friendly and so knowledgeable about every product in the store. I learned a lot from one month of working there.
Pros
Flexibility with your shifts
Cons
Cant work more than 8 hour shifts per day
Great place to work, fun but very strict and disciplined environment. Early start at 5 am. Good character builder. Great environment and job security for college on their CSRP program
It's a good way gain experience for the future. There a lot of good people that work there. Some of the managers are not very kind sometimes and let there emotions get the better of them.
Pros
Good people
Cons
High rate of nepotism
I would retrieve items from members, help pack shopping carts, package and wrap food and stock up. The mangers made sure they helped us when needed and my co-workers got along with each other well.