Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Abbotsford, BC

Great place to work! Would still be working there if my schedule didn’t conflict with my husbands. Aside from some gossip with a lot of the ladies, it was enjoyable for the most part. Certain cliques got fast tracked to supervisor/ manager when it wasn’t earned.
Pros
Raises based on hours worked. Pretty flexible with hours.
Cons
Sometimes you get beat out for posted based on seniority, not necessarily experience.
Wouldn't recommend, not very rewarding. Always worked extremely hard with it being unnoticed. Care more about sales than employees. Was bullied there, not only by employees but by management aswell
Through the years of me working for Costco, I have been through alot both in and outside of work. Costco has never made me feel that I was unappreciated or asked me to do anything that was morally in question. The atmosphere is always changing, and as long as you can pull through the punches, it can be very rewarding. I habe been there 15 years and everyday is a new day.
Treat employees like slaves. Rude, disrespectful management. Very high stress for very low pay. You are hired on a temporary basis so, no job security if that is what is sought. The full time employees (with benefits) are for the most part, miserable. The company likes to put forward the appearance of a happy workplace but nothing could be further from the truth. Work here only if you need something short term.
Cons
At first, there is a lot of paperwork and there is a lot of information being thrown at you, but once all that is done there is less chaos. The day goes by quickly- it is a fast paced environment. My day included packing groceries, putting products away, folding clothes, helping bring in carts, promoting programs, and answering customer questions. I would have liked to stay on and become a cashier!
From management to colleagues, everyone at Costco tries to work in the most collaborative manner. People loving fast-paced work culture with good benefits, Costco is the answer.
thanks for helping me learn and adapting in this different country and different peoples loved working there and had good time with co workers .good place to make carrier.
Highly Recommend for anyone just cautiously entering the workplace, or even making a career decision. The supervisors were great and we employees were given a lot of training and treated with respect.
Pros
Great People, felt well treated. Didn't feel like a disposable employee
Cons
Warehouse feel, can feel overwhelming on a busy day
Great working environment. Great co-workers. Something new everyday. Many different job skills in all sorts of disciplines to be learned from running a deep fryer to installing tires.
I really like the workplace environment of Costco. I enjoyed while working there. All managers and employees are very friendly and helpful and always supportive.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Costco Wholesale?
This company awards loyalty, hard work and seniority. Good benefits, decent pay, and good management. Hours are not ideal as all day shifts are given to those with seniority.
Pros
Good workplace and benefits
Cons
must work evenings and weekends
Honestly one of the best places I have ever worked (seasonal position). Amazing management who really cares for their employees. Not a place to work at if you're looking for easy pay. You put in the work, you'll be respected. I would come back here in a heartbeat.
I worked at costco for the 2017 summer seasonal position. It was a good place to work for the summer as a student because of the good pay ($13 an hour and $17 on Sundays), but going back to school i would never be able to handle it. They give long hours even to seasonal employees who are expected to get the least amount, and it is so hard trying to get days off. I had to miss out on family weddings and trips because my time off wasn't approved.
Pros
good pay, friendly employees
Cons
long hours, hard to get time off, favouritism from management
Lots of opportunity for advancement. Friendly crew members. Managers who understand family issues sometime effect work
-A great company all around -Awesome people to work with -Very fast paced environment -Learned organizational skills -Outstanding benefit program
I love my job. I look forward to seeing most of the people I work with every morning. We work hard but have a lot of fun. I have been working there for almost 16 years, but as time goes on, sometimes changes are made, and when you are use to many years of the same thing, sometimes change is a little harder to take.
Pros
great benefits, great bonuses, great hourly wage, free lunches quite often
Cons
Not alot of consistency.
Management listens Typical fixed hours Good long term benefits Reviews benefits/wage every year some co-workers are good, some are boring and rude You can try other positions within company to not feel redundant
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
can be boring after a while
starts with stocking, learnt how to do sales, managment was very supportive,co workers were helpful. Hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers but Costco taught me how to handle it, most enjoyable part of the job is to help members with their technical questions
Worked at Front end, was productive and well paid though very demanding physically due to all the lifting and long hours.
Cons
Long Hours
Residential rough ins, fast paced days. CO workers cliquey and hard to get into the group. Hardest part of the job, co workers. Weekends off big +
Pros
Weekends off, christmas bonus'
Cons
Lay offs constantly due to lack of work
A typical day at work is busy and involves a lot of customer interaction. It definitely teaches you how to work in a dynamic environment with ever changing customer needs. The management seems to be efficient coming in with great experience. The hardest part is sometimes tiredness and boredom and the most enjoyable part is a friendly and productive work environment.