Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Canada2,246 reviews

Found 2,246 reviews matching the searchSee all 13,230 reviews

Stressful at times but overall decent job with fantastic benefits

I've been working at Costco for a few years and its been an overall good experience. It has very normal workplace problems but the pay and benefits make up for it. It can be stressful though because of staff shortages, and our work quality suffers because of it. Most of the management is decent and there are some really fantastic managers that work there (depending on the department you work in)

Pros

80% benefit coverage for full time, 60% for part time, gradual hour-based pay increases, good management, staff meetings to discuss employee pay increases and changes to employee policy

Cons

stressful at times, understaffed, other employees tend to become complacent

Costco Canada- lost their way.

I left years ago but when I was there it was a tiring job. In hindsight it wasn't worth the money. Not everyone pulled their weight and those who didn't got too much slack. It made the job harder for everyone else. The generous pay scale that used to exist in Canada was cut back. Many old timers will talk about how great things are or were, but those times are gone. At least they were when I left. Hopefully things have changed.I would say working at Costco was good on paper, lacking in practice. Most of retail is- but Costco used to be different and that's why it was so disappointing. Management was very inconsistent and often felt like they didn't understand.

Pros

Good benefits for full time workers, compliance is good

Cons

Costco Canada needs to return to taking care of its employees like it once did.

Work for Costco if you want money but no coworker relationships.

I worked there temporarily during the summer, and I did enjoy it. You are paid very well, the breaks are a little short, but they have free food in the break room. When I worked there, we had a bonus if we worked Sundays. since it’s a fast paced workplace, the second you have some time to breath and relax, they move you to another section so every employee looks busy. They also take the liberty to schedule you with a 2 day notice, and if you are not available to work that day they don’t care, you have to come in.Employees that have been here over 20 years don’t really care about you, and when you go to another department to help, the employees of that department whine that you’re there and bother you constantly. You can be scheduled up to 11pm at night, even if the store is closed to the public. I never worked with the same employee more than 2 hours, which means you meet a lot of people, but it’s hard to build friendships with other employees.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Nice and appreciate give opportunity with out any difference

Good , diversified, collaborative, respect , busy, quality customer service, very nice & honesty manegers ,well coming , positive attitudes, grooming well

Pros

Nice

Cons

Nice & honest manager's

Great company for youth or anyone that wants a extremely competitive wages in 2-3 years

Ive been with Costco for 7 years and haven't looked back. Their competitive wages and opportunities are just a few of their attributes. I went there thinking I'd stay for a short period and haven't wanted to leave since.

Pros

Amazing wages, good atmosphere, bomuses

Cons

Same as any job

Amazing !!

I was just a seasonal worker and they treated me like royalty. I miss working for Costco and would return to work for them in a heart beat. They treated me the way a employer should treat their employees.

Fast-pace boring job

The job is boring, it is so easy and repetitive that you get bored. Your hours as a part time varies every week so basically it is hard for you to make any plans far ahead. Management is ok but you can’t rely on them. The wage is it ok comparing to other similar places. Be prepare to be on your feet during your entire shift

Pros

Good benefits if you are a full time o regular part time

Cons

Boring, no opportunities for growing

The job itself is fine, some of the people are toxic.

Have had many different jobs while working here. Started out fun, now it's not. Pay is good, most people are great but the few that are not make everyone miserable.

Great Place to Work and Grow!

Costco is one of the easiest places to grow and learn from. The pay is spectacular and the benefits are even better. If you can handle fast paced, this is the job for you.

Pros

Pay, Management, Benifits

Cons

Stressful, fast paced

Very poor management and no communication. Decent pay (over time with raises), decent benefits.

If you don't have an education and are out of options, this is the job for you. If you have any skills or any chance at another job, run. This is your last hope, end of the road, desperately trying to keep you and your family alive answer for employment. Vey poor management, right from the top, Poor communication with Managers always bickering and letting personal matters & dislikes of eachother effect their performance & operations, Little to no lenience or sympathy to those experiencing major life trauma/family deaths or illness

Pros

Benefits, guaranteed hours, guaranteed raises with hours put in.

Cons

Poor management, poor communication, no humanity.

Terrible Management, you learn nothing while working

The management team in the front end were terrible and unhelpful, They give nothing but attitude and will turn the other way in some moments when employees need assistance. The pay and hours were great even if you’re a part time student but with a bad management its hard to stick around

Pros

Discounts

Cons

It's a good company, they try and help in all areas

I loved the liquor side of things, We have an awesome crew and always go above and beyond ❤ weekends required as well as evenings. Lots 9f repetitive work

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Long hours, weekends, heavy lifting

Great place with good people.

I enjoy the people and my work. While we are always busy, for the most part we have a positive work environment. Most Members are good to help, very few difficult ones.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

While not being Union, we have most of the benefits of one but some coworkers take advantage.

Good place

Good place to work. …….great place to work. Fun environment very busy sometimes. Management is good . Good hours. Have to stand all the time. Free food

Fast paced, but enjoyable

Costco is a great place to work. Management helps you to improve and advancement are always encouraged. They pay well and have great benefits. Transfers are available if you move to another city or within the city.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Very fast paced

Fast paced and great compensation

Good place to work if you are actually ready to work. You earn your money but you are compensated well and as you make it to top rate there is no place better.

Pros

Great pay good benefits and room to advance if willing.

Cons

Fast paced somewhat understaffed workload can be stressful

Fun place

To get this job is good to everyone. Work there always will be one of the best experience with a good environment for work I Really enjoy working at Costco and recommend it.

Pros

Coworker

Cons

Schedule always 5 day a week to work on Part time

Good pay, healthy work environment,

Good work environment, management is great and amazing perks as well. Each employee is treated with respect and dignity and the pay is fairly good for the effort put in.

Pros

Costco membership, healthcare, insurance, eyesight, dental

Cons

Less scope of growth

Many red flags

I was offered a opportunity at this company and immediately took it!. I heard many great things about the company and how they treat their employees so I was excited. I was in the stocking department. Completely surprised with how my time was there. 1-they make over 1 million dollars at the one store alone each day. Not the end of the world but they cannot even give us wifi lol.2-You get a performance review each 30 days until your probation is over. They told me things I had to fix tha I had no idea I wasn’t doing well at. They don’t tel you until it’s too late(setting us up for failure).3- The co workers are amazing but everyone is kind of slumped and burnt out.It was a great learning experience but I would never work there again nor would I suggest this company to a friend.

Pros

Amazing co workers

Cons

Late hours

not bad if you finish early you can leave early

just dealing with drama. daily basis come in check the counter make sure all the meat and chicken are full cleaning the cooler, organizing it make sure all the new stuff are in the back and the old are at the front.

Mauvaise gestion

Il y avais une mauvaise gestion des employés. Parfois, il n'y avait pas assez d'employés, mais des fois il y en avait trop.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

6.2K