Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Very well organized and managed company.

28 January 2020
Working at Costco was a short-lived but educating experience for me. Although the position was only for the holidays, and I only worked there for a few weeks I made quite a few friends. Everyone on the team is friendly, the management team immediately made me feel welcome and they always had something for me to do. They didn't rush me into anything but instead took the time to teach me how to do the job correctly and efficiently. The hardest job for me was collecting carts, they are quite heavy and you must take 6-8 of them at a time but after a couple of shifts it got much easier! My favourite part of the job was packaging customers carts because they always seemed to be in a good mood and I had many lovely conversations with some great customers! Overall, costco was a great company to work for and I had a great experience!
5.0Job security/advancement
21 April 2021
Same role
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) - Ajax, ON
Very good benefits. Excellent job security.Good management.Friendly workers.Paid vacation and sick leave.3-5 years to get full time.Everything works on seniority.
5 March 2021
Same role
Cashier (Former Employee) - Orleans, ON
I really loved working for Costco at the beginning, but there was a lot of misinformation upon being hired about my benefits, i was hired as a temp and told would become permanent after 90 days, that did not happen, I worked 4 months and still was seasonal. Same with getting my executive Costco card, was suppose to get it after 90 days and becoming permanent but that did not happen. Thanksgiving all permanent workers received a free Turkey but seasonal did not which were many of us. On top of that took 3 months and a half to finally train me for my job on registers which was ridiculous, i constantly asked for 3 months to get trained. Cashiers and stockers were amazing to work with but some managers were just soo disorganized and did not communicate with associates or managers well. Ontario went on to lockdown in December and within that same week they laid off 50-60 seasonal associates with hardly any notice, they even forgot to tell me that the next day was my last day. So overall this is a good job temporary but would not recommend for forever.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Horrible management
11 February 2021
Same location
Membership Assistant (Former Employee) - Winnipeg, MB
Will try and take advantage of you and sometimes goals are unachievable. Others will try hold you down including management. Their system of doing inventory is brutal.
  1. Very well organized and managed company.