Costco Wholesale logo
Costco Wholesale
View all Costco Wholesale reviews

Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Very good benefits and chances to move up into the company.

I have learned many skills while working at the Costco Distribution Centre. I was constantly around people, which helped me gain confidence, initiative, and the necessary social skills to move and grow throughout the company. I also learned to handle appointments with the company and was constantly thrown into a fast paced work environment.

Pros

Great hours.

Cons

Bad environment.

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Pretty intense

It’s a very physically demanding job, if you aren’t physically strong and healthy I wouldn’t recommend this. Also, this job involves a lot of kneeling, lifting of over 65lbs which can cause overuse injuries. Management, isn’t great they only listen to you if you’ve been with the company for a while. They aren’t very supportive of WSIB workers that have company injuries especially physical injuries. I worked at the 100 Line drive which is near High way 27 the Distribution centre and tbh was not impressed. I don’t recommend working here. Pay is not enough for the amount of lifting and physical work being done.

Pros

You get discounts for Costco membership

Cons

Low pay, physical demanding, poor management, Short staffed
Same role

pretty fun

It was a fun job that required a lot of hard work but as the day went on it got easier. In the morning you would come in early, rush around for three hours getting as much done as possible, then have a 15 minute break. around that time was when i would notice there would be less work to complete and as long as you dont have a problem carrying boxes of up to 50lbs then you should have no trouble with this job. the only cons i have to add is that the management was horrendous and they dont care about anyone who hasn't already been there for 5 years.

Pros

free christmas turkey, employee benefits, fun work enviroment

Cons

horrendous management
Same location

Productive and fun

They give you worse hours in first few month hard work for others that they like to walk around thanks I have nothing else to say good work with benefits

Pros

Free lunch never

Cons

Short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

6K
3.9K
1.8K

3.9Job security/advancement

Compare Costco Wholesale with

• Costco Wholesale
  • Very good benefits and chances to move up into the company.