Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 69 out of 100
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Very demanding and stressful, More so for some than others.

22 September 2020
I was totally hyped about working at Costco when I first got hired, After all the great things I heard about working there, 3 months in I realize it was stressful, Highly demanding and the hourly rate didn't match the amount of work I was responsible for, long story short I ended up quitting and walking out, I met some nice people along the way but I also met A lot of rude unhelpful ones aswell, If you decide to work here don't go into it with high expectations for success like I did and don't believe all the hype, about the wages&benefits And perhaps most importantly try to just avoid working in the bakery department all together, As it's usually ran by miserable middle aged women who like to gossip and spread rumours.
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Decent wages after the first 1-2 years on the payroll
Cons
stressful, fast paced, low starting wage, highly demanding, Toxic coworkers who like to gossip.
24 April 2021
Same role
Stocker (Current Employee) - Surrey, BC
Benefits are great.Scheduling is bad, short staff on busy daysAdvancement is slow because of señiority.Salary is low, you have to reach number of hours to get an increase.Co workers are great.Some of the managers are great, others aren't.
14 March 2021
Same role
MERCHANDISE STOCKER (Former Employee) - Surrey, BC
An overall positive introduction to the retail and hospitality industry and you have a lot of opportunities to grow through their programs and departments.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Management cares more about hitting quotas than caring about employees
11 February 2021
Same location
Membership Assistant (Former Employee) - Winnipeg, MB
Will try and take advantage of you and sometimes goals are unachievable. Others will try hold you down including management. Their system of doing inventory is brutal.
  1. Very demanding and stressful, More so for some than others.