Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Unpleasant experience

13 May 2019
I always heard Costco was great to work for. This was not my experience. I was hired after having an interview stating that I would not be working all the time in the morning, it would be possible to do that sometimes. Basically every shift after I was hired was at 6 am. The management during the morning merchandising and stocking are cranky and sarcastic to the employees. Plus it was only 25 hours a week and minimum wage, which is no where close to what I need to live.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Good benefits and store hours, good potential long term
Cons
Starting out at Costco is slow going on pay and hours
21 July 2020
Same roleSame location
Merchandising and Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
They couldn't even keep their promises from the interview to me regarding the type of hours I would be working, start out at minimum wage to do slave labor in the mornings for high strung, stressed out, passive-aggressive managers. In my 30s...frankly don't need that attitude for min wage at this point in my life, thanks but no thanks guys.
Pros
discounts with insurance companies, get to be a member of Costco
Cons
early hours, high strung management, lie in interview process
23 May 2020
Same role
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) - Courtenay, BC
Great place for work and for a better career. However, the current managers are not bothered about the problems in the workplace that are faced by the employees. I strongly believe that they need to be improved in their current practices. Most importantly, managers have racism. Heavy discriminations and makes me difficult to work with a good mindset.
9 June 2021
Same location
Janitorial Staff (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
This is a great company to work for. Staff and management are always friendly and helpful with a inclusive attitude. Benefits are great and even part time employees are able to get them after they finish their probation period.