Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

The experience at Costco was very straight forward

2 January 2020
Costco wholesale has a lot to offer with many opportunities to get trained within each department within the job. Competitive salary as you work your way up and work more hours as well. Overall great experience!
4.0Job security/advancement
17 March 2014
Same role
Volunteer (Former Employee) - Abbotsford, BC
I came to work 15-20 minutes early in order to prepare because you have to be out on the floor, ready to serve or give out samples to the members. Throughout the day I would have talk about my product and convince members to buy it. Sometimes it was very fun, when the members would make jokes and have a little conversation. For instance once i was sampling toilet paper. Many people made jokes and it was actually quite comical, and through laughs i would be able to convince them to buy it by comparing it to other toilet paper brands, and there own personal stories. I learned how to converse with people, and Genuinely learned a lot about customers and their deciding factors on buying products. I had 3 managers and they were always ready to help When i first started my co workers helped me throughout the day with any problems i had with adjusting with the work. They all were very nice and easy going. The hardest part of the job honestly was standing for 6 hours. For the first half an hour of the day you mainly set up, then there is an half a hour break, and at the end of the day it takes about 40-45 minutes to take everything down and clean up. The rest of the day you are standing and serving. If its a good day, it passes by quickly, however sometimes time seems to never pass. The most enjoyable part of the job was conversing with the members. They made the job a whole lot easier and enjoyable. Many people stop to chat as they sample the food, and have quick little conversations with them was always fun. Many jokes are always passed back and forth, also you - more...
11 February 2021
Same location
Membership Assistant (Former Employee) - Winnipeg, MB
Will try and take advantage of you and sometimes goals are unachievable. Others will try hold you down including management. Their system of doing inventory is brutal.
25 January 2021
Same location
Cashier (Former Employee) - Winnipeg, MB
I absolutely loved working at Costco. I was a seasonal employee there for 6 months. Everyone over there was so friendly and helpful, I felt like I got another family. The pay rate was amazing.
  1. The experience at Costco was very straight forward