Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Some good people

11 February 2021
Will try and take advantage of you and sometimes goals are unachievable. Others will try hold you down including management. Their system of doing inventory is brutal.
2.0Job security/advancement
10 August 2020
Same role
Membership Assistant (Former Employee) - London, ON
They work you to the bone, saying that to "stand out" and get a permanent position, you need to prove yourself. So you say yes to everything and work many hours (while you're "cheap" to the company) in whatever position they put you in ("don't worry about sales goals, today we need you here"). At the end of your contract, they will spit you out, because you didnt sell enough memberships and because they have no openings and it's really hard to become full-time - when in reality they will need people but will just hire new seasonals.
Cons
cut-throat environment, overly competitive collegues - most of all don't even bother getting to know seasonals
29 January 2020
Same role
Membership Assistant/Refund Cashier (Former Employee) - Regina, SK
Very fast pace. Can get very hectic when busy. Problem solving when interaction with members. Push for employees to sell MasterCard credit program. Manager very good. Co-workers awesome.
25 January 2021
Same location
Cashier (Former Employee) - Winnipeg, MB
I absolutely loved working at Costco. I was a seasonal employee there for 6 months. Everyone over there was so friendly and helpful, I felt like I got another family. The pay rate was amazing.