Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Productive workplace and great team members

20 February 2020
A typical day was fast paced and a bit stressful. However, the great team I worked with made for a positive experience. Management was great however, I wasn't kept on (I was seasonal) due to calling in sick after I experienced an accident and provided a doctor's note. This was the only thing that upset me as it was out of my control. But, I definitely would work there again and recommend it to anyone. It's fairly physical if you work with the cashiers as an assistant which actually helped to keep me active. I found it to be a well rounded job for pretty decent pay even at minimum.
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
great team environment, good pay, healthy work environment, good management.
Cons
Long physical shifts
31 March 2021
Same role
Cashier & Stocker (Former Employee) - Mississauga, ON
my issue was at the heartland location was management. I had told them I need to work less hours because I had acquired an second job. But they did not care about me so I had left. Outside of that the job was okay.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management does not care about their staff
3 November 2020
Same role
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) - Ontario
Even through COVID, we never closed. Very physically demanding, must be able to stand long hours. Ability to move up however you MUST put in your hours. You’re not gonna be a manager overnight. Pay raises are based off of how many you hours you work, sucks when you start working but only gets better as you go along. If bored in one department, able to transfer departments.
Pros
Most managers work with your life schedule
Cons
Physical Labour, Concrete Floors
21 April 2021
Same location
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) - Ajax, ON
Very good benefits. Excellent job security.Good management.Friendly workers.Paid vacation and sick leave.3-5 years to get full time.Everything works on seniority.
  1. Productive workplace and great team members