Costco Wholesale logo
Happiness score is 70 out of 100Average
View all Costco Wholesale reviews

Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Productive workplace and good work experience

Managers are very nice people and professional co-workers are like any other work place good people and bad people but overall the company is worth working for because of the opportunities competitive wages and benefits.

Pros

company offers a lot

Cons

job tasks arent very exciting and more plain and simple

5.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

decent job

my issue was at the heartland location was management. I had told them I need to work less hours because I had acquired an second job. But they did not care about me so I had left. Outside of that the job was okay.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

management does not care about their staff
Same role

Job Stability

Even through COVID, we never closed. Very physically demanding, must be able to stand long hours. Ability to move up however you MUST put in your hours. You’re not gonna be a manager overnight. Pay raises are based off of how many you hours you work, sucks when you start working but only gets better as you go along. If bored in one department, able to transfer departments.

Pros

Most managers work with your life schedule

Cons

Physical Labour, Concrete Floors
Same location

Poisonous Work Atmosphere

Night Merch/ForkLift Operator (531) - Costco is known for being a great place to work, what they fail to mention is how terrible it is starting out. Your are surrounded by senior staff members who make in some cases double the same amount of money you are for the same amount of work. In most cases their senior staff members feel invincible and slack off the majority of the time making it even more infuriating. This in turn creates a lot of staff turnover which forces management to hire young staff members to keep up, but because the majority of people are between 18-24 it feels like high school all over again. People only help their "friends" but then when they fall behind you will be expected to stay and help them. As for management themselves, you will either love them or hate them from my experience. Random managers showing up from other warehouses try and assert dominance gets old extremely fast. Overall, unless you plan on working here for the rest of your life, don't bother working here at all. I didn't even mention how entitled and arrogant the "members" are, and good luck trying working any weekend shift, place is slammed and always understaffed.

Pros

advancement, pay based on seniority

Cons

pay based on seniority, no incentive for hard work, understaffed, extremely busy, poor management, arrogant customers, low moral

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.9K