Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 70 out of 100
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Productive and fun with lots of room for professional growth!

24 March 2019
Excellent colleagues and workforce population, fluctuating periods of demand in regular patterns making for rhythmic work life. Professional growth opportunities through training and internal promotion regularly throughout each fiscal quarter.
5.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Great employee benefits.
Cons
Potential for early or late hours.
21 July 2020
Same role
Merchandising and Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
They couldn't even keep their promises from the interview to me regarding the type of hours I would be working, start out at minimum wage to do slave labor in the mornings for high strung, stressed out, passive-aggressive managers. In my 30s...frankly don't need that attitude for min wage at this point in my life, thanks but no thanks guys.
Pros
discounts with insurance companies, get to be a member of Costco
Cons
early hours, high strung management, lie in interview process
23 May 2020
Same role
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) - Courtenay, BC
Great place for work and for a better career. However, the current managers are not bothered about the problems in the workplace that are faced by the employees. I strongly believe that they need to be improved in their current practices. Most importantly, managers have racism. Heavy discriminations and makes me difficult to work with a good mindset.
8 January 2021
Same location
Certified Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) - Ottawa Ontario
Management talks the talk, a lot... but that's all.Lots of policies in place, they read nice but a rarely enforced.Have a concern? Watch your back, the boot-lickers are near, and most think of themselves as 'he without sin".Management promotes Igors (lot's of "yes master" types - see quisling)If you come to work to play and make friends, apply now. If you want to work and support the customers well and expect management to have your back, do not work for Costco.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, lots of fun
Cons
Don't fight for the customer, you'll upset the quislings.
  1. Productive and fun with lots of room for professional growth!