Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 69 out of 100
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Productive and fast-paced

29 December 2019
Start work in the morning and make sure that the warehouse is clean and presentable before opening. All merchandise is stocked and accessible for all shoppers. Wearing safety shoes is mandatory and might be the hardest part of the job since you're always on your feet.
3.0Job security/advancement
17 March 2021
Same role
Cashier/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) - Barrie, ON
Hands down Favourite job I’ve ever had. really wish it was easier to get hired on full time. No wonder no one wants to leave. would work there forever
23 January 2021
Same role
Morning merchandiser (Former Employee) - Grande Prairie, AB
My experience at Costco wasn’t the best. I did meet some nice people but I also met people that were not kind who had seniority and territorial and not very helpful. I’ve been injured three times within the two years I worked there. I’ve switched many departments and you have to be really strong and always fast so it was stressful. I had some good managers and some not so good managers who were unprofessional and yell at your misunderstandings. So I have mixed feelings on the place.
Pros
Benefits, guaranteed hours, paid vacation
Cons
Unfriendly work environment, lack of training
2 April 2016
Same location
Part time worker (Current Employee) - GTA, ON
Many different positions in varied departments, can always pick up extra hours. Very limited full time opportunities.
Pros
Varied mix of employees
Cons
Favouritism
  1. Productive and fast-paced