Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 69 out of 100
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

organized and fast paced work environment

4 January 2020
it was a very organized work environment and was run very well. I got to really understand and learn how to work efficiently in such a high speed environment. The managers were very nice in telling you when you were doing something wrong and how you could fix it. The hardest part of the job would have been having to always have a smile on your face even when a customer is rude or is not treating you well. That being said the most enjoyable part would be when a customer comes through and is so nice and enthusiastic and appreciative of what you do for them.
4.0Job security/advancement
21 April 2021
Same role
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) - Ajax, ON
Very good benefits. Excellent job security.Good management.Friendly workers.Paid vacation and sick leave.3-5 years to get full time.Everything works on seniority.
5 March 2021
Same role
Cashier (Former Employee) - Orleans, ON
I really loved working for Costco at the beginning, but there was a lot of misinformation upon being hired about my benefits, i was hired as a temp and told would become permanent after 90 days, that did not happen, I worked 4 months and still was seasonal. Same with getting my executive Costco card, was suppose to get it after 90 days and becoming permanent but that did not happen. Thanksgiving all permanent workers received a free Turkey but seasonal did not which were many of us. On top of that took 3 months and a half to finally train me for my job on registers which was ridiculous, i constantly asked for 3 months to get trained. Cashiers and stockers were amazing to work with but some managers were just soo disorganized and did not communicate with associates or managers well. Ontario went on to lockdown in December and within that same week they laid off 50-60 seasonal associates with hardly any notice, they even forgot to tell me that the next day was my last day. So overall this is a good job temporary but would not recommend for forever.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Horrible management
11 February 2021
Same location
Membership Assistant (Former Employee) - Winnipeg, MB
Will try and take advantage of you and sometimes goals are unachievable. Others will try hold you down including management. Their system of doing inventory is brutal.
  1. organized and fast paced work environment