Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Not a good company to work for

21 July 2020
They couldn't even keep their promises from the interview to me regarding the type of hours I would be working, start out at minimum wage to do slave labor in the mornings for high strung, stressed out, passive-aggressive managers. In my 30s...frankly don't need that attitude for min wage at this point in my life, thanks but no thanks guys.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
discounts with insurance companies, get to be a member of Costco
Cons
early hours, high strung management, lie in interview process
23 May 2020
Same role
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) - Courtenay, BC
Great place for work and for a better career. However, the current managers are not bothered about the problems in the workplace that are faced by the employees. I strongly believe that they need to be improved in their current practices. Most importantly, managers have racism. Heavy discriminations and makes me difficult to work with a good mindset.
5 January 2020
Same role
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) - Newmarket, ON
Overworked and underpaid Careless management Unclear job instructions Disorganized facility and departments Rude, disrespectful, and inconsiderate coworkers
9 June 2021
Same location
Janitorial Staff (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
This is a great company to work for. Staff and management are always friendly and helpful with a inclusive attitude. Benefits are great and even part time employees are able to get them after they finish their probation period.
  1. Not a good company to work for