Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

My personal experience at this business firm

23 May 2020
Great place for work and for a better career. However, the current managers are not bothered about the problems in the workplace that are faced by the employees. I strongly believe that they need to be improved in their current practices. Most importantly, managers have racism. Heavy discriminations and makes me difficult to work with a good mindset.
1.0Job security/advancement
21 July 2020
Same role
Merchandising and Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
They couldn't even keep their promises from the interview to me regarding the type of hours I would be working, start out at minimum wage to do slave labor in the mornings for high strung, stressed out, passive-aggressive managers. In my 30s...frankly don't need that attitude for min wage at this point in my life, thanks but no thanks guys.
Pros
discounts with insurance companies, get to be a member of Costco
Cons
early hours, high strung management, lie in interview process
5 January 2020
Same role
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) - Newmarket, ON
Overworked and underpaid Careless management Unclear job instructions Disorganized facility and departments Rude, disrespectful, and inconsiderate coworkers
14 October 2020
Same location
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) - Courtenay, BC
If you dont have a life costco is for you. The hours of work are really bad, if you want a weekend off you have to work 9 days in a row. If you upset the wrong manager, then you get stuck working 9 days in a row. For someone who has a family I am treated like I don't have a family. Fellow employees are okay, but management needs a lot of work, maybe even an over haul. When you have an issue with, say working 9 days in a row, they don't fix it, they just say they will deal with it but never do. The scheduling is the worse part of the job. Nothing is consistent or even close to the same. My 2 days off a week are constantly switched and I end up working more days in a row then 5.
Pros
Cons
No set schedule, poor management
  1. My personal experience at this business firm