Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 69 out of 100
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

members

11 March 2020
dealing with unruly members while keeping the business standard and working in a fast pace environment. Food is very good and lots of staffing parkings.
5.0Job security/advancement
17 March 2021
Same role
Cashier/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) - Barrie, ON
Hands down Favourite job I’ve ever had. really wish it was easier to get hired on full time. No wonder no one wants to leave. would work there forever
23 January 2021
Same role
Morning merchandiser (Former Employee) - Grande Prairie, AB
My experience at Costco wasn’t the best. I did meet some nice people but I also met people that were not kind who had seniority and territorial and not very helpful. I’ve been injured three times within the two years I worked there. I’ve switched many departments and you have to be really strong and always fast so it was stressful. I had some good managers and some not so good managers who were unprofessional and yell at your misunderstandings. So I have mixed feelings on the place.
Pros
Benefits, guaranteed hours, paid vacation
Cons
Unfriendly work environment, lack of training
8 January 2021
Same location
Certified Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) - Ottawa Ontario
Management talks the talk, a lot... but that's all.Lots of policies in place, they read nice but a rarely enforced.Have a concern? Watch your back, the boot-lickers are near, and most think of themselves as 'he without sin".Management promotes Igors (lot's of "yes master" types - see quisling)If you come to work to play and make friends, apply now. If you want to work and support the customers well and expect management to have your back, do not work for Costco.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, lots of fun
Cons
Don't fight for the customer, you'll upset the quislings.