Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

LOve working at costco

25 January 2021
I absolutely loved working at Costco. I was a seasonal employee there for 6 months. Everyone over there was so friendly and helpful, I felt like I got another family. The pay rate was amazing.
1.0Job security/advancement
5 March 2021
Same role
Cashier (Former Employee) - Orleans, ON
I really loved working for Costco at the beginning, but there was a lot of misinformation upon being hired about my benefits, i was hired as a temp and told would become permanent after 90 days, that did not happen, I worked 4 months and still was seasonal. Same with getting my executive Costco card, was suppose to get it after 90 days and becoming permanent but that did not happen. Thanksgiving all permanent workers received a free Turkey but seasonal did not which were many of us. On top of that took 3 months and a half to finally train me for my job on registers which was ridiculous, i constantly asked for 3 months to get trained. Cashiers and stockers were amazing to work with but some managers were just soo disorganized and did not communicate with associates or managers well. Ontario went on to lockdown in December and within that same week they laid off 50-60 seasonal associates with hardly any notice, they even forgot to tell me that the next day was my last day. So overall this is a good job temporary but would not recommend for forever.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Horrible management
23 January 2021
Same role
Cashier's Assistant (Former Employee) - Windsor, ON
I worked here as a student while in uni, I’m not sure how much has changed since then. It’s very fast paced, okay pay for students, and students only work during breaks. There is a huge expectation and pressure to sell memberships and the credit card, to the point where I felt harassed by management sometimes. There is good opportunities to work in various departments and is even encouraged. Staff are hit or miss, some are kind and others are jaded. You get to know the various faces in the community, including restaurant owners and local politicians. They are flexible in terms of scheduling if you have another job and trading shifts are easy. You get extra pay if you jump on as a cashier if that is not your regular position.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, bonus pay for cashiering, student friendly
Cons
Expectation and quota to sell memberships and credit cards, sometimes super busy, entitled clients
11 February 2021
Same location
Membership Assistant (Former Employee) - Winnipeg, MB
Will try and take advantage of you and sometimes goals are unachievable. Others will try hold you down including management. Their system of doing inventory is brutal.