Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

3 December 2020
Depending on who you worked with your shift could’ve went one of two ways, if you were in good company the shift could breeze by as fast as it started if you’re working with less than cooperative coworkers/ management then it can feel like an eternity. Without giving specifics there was incompetence all around. Honestly it’s a good company to work for but you won’t always be in good Company if that makes any sense... it depends on the location and the hours that you’ll be working everybody’s miserable and just trying to do their best but don’t expect to actually climb up in the ranks without as*-kissing. Generally I would say stay away from any department that deals with food and just try and get Merch or front end or even lot.Allow me to end off by saying not every individual is bad there are a lot of good people in the store who more than on one occasion have been an asset to the company and have shown true good work ethic, that goes for management as well. those people know who they are they are, the backbone of the company they are the foundation of what makes Costco a good company to work for.
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Benefits, paid sick days, paid vacation
Cons
Frequent sick calls from coworkers, Having to close down department by yourself without help most of the time, coming home soaked in blood and meet all the way from your knees down to your boots
24 March 2021
Same role
Meat Wrapper (Current Employee) - Calgary, AB
Job isn't bad if a culture of everyone pull together existed but the highest paid tend to do the least amount of work and seniority is key. If you start as a teenager it probably is a great opportunity and I can understand how people will defend the company ethos from that perspective. I am a pretty open and hard working individual and striving to have balance in this but in my experience the hard work will take years and years to pay off so would only recommend to someone young or in a stable situation financially looking for a second income to a household. I know decent hardworking people who have worked years there and are still part time, which should really indicate to you the priorities and balance of the employer/employee relationship.
Pros
Some good people and free memebership
Cons
Part time status infinitely looms
24 April 2018
Same role
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) - Port Coquitlam, BC
Costco is a great environment to work in, very spacious, hours are flexible and the pay rate is great, they offer a pension plan, benefits after 4 months, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people I get a long with very well, the training process was very easy so I had no issue learning brand new things at this work place.
Pros
Hourly wages, Flexible hours, great communication with co-workers
19 April 2020
Same location
Lot Attendant (Current Employee) - Ajax, ON
Pay is good and it has good benefits, dealing with members can be frustrating but it comes with the territory would recommend working if you think its up your alley
  1. Just like Willy Wonka‘s factory it’s different working there as opposed to shopping there