Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Its a great environment and a place to work t

16 December 2019
Its a nice clean and organized environment to work at. Everything's divides equally. Everyone knows what their doing its a perfect opportunity and gain experience workplace to apply for
4.0Job security/advancement
31 March 2021
Same roleSame location
Cashier & Stocker (Former Employee) - Mississauga, ON
my issue was at the heartland location was management. I had told them I need to work less hours because I had acquired an second job. But they did not care about me so I had left. Outside of that the job was okay.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management does not care about their staff
3 November 2020
Same role
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) - Ontario
Even through COVID, we never closed. Very physically demanding, must be able to stand long hours. Ability to move up however you MUST put in your hours. You’re not gonna be a manager overnight. Pay raises are based off of how many you hours you work, sucks when you start working but only gets better as you go along. If bored in one department, able to transfer departments.
Pros
Most managers work with your life schedule
Cons
Physical Labour, Concrete Floors
8 May 2021
Same location
Forklift Operator/Stocker (Former Employee) - Mississauga, ON
Night Merch/ForkLift Operator (531) - Costco is known for being a great place to work, what they fail to mention is how terrible it is starting out. Your are surrounded by senior staff members who make in some cases double the same amount of money you are for the same amount of work. In most cases their senior staff members feel invincible and slack off the majority of the time making it even more infuriating. This in turn creates a lot of staff turnover which forces management to hire young staff members to keep up, but because the majority of people are between 18-24 it feels like high school all over again. People only help their "friends" but then when they fall behind you will be expected to stay and help them. As for management themselves, you will either love them or hate them from my experience. Random managers showing up from other warehouses try and assert dominance gets old extremely fast. Overall, unless you plan on working here for the rest of your life, don't bother working here at all. I didn't even mention how entitled and arrogant the "members" are, and good luck trying working any weekend shift, place is slammed and always understaffed.
Pros
advancement, pay based on seniority
Cons
pay based on seniority, no incentive for hard work, understaffed, extremely busy, poor management, arrogant customers, low moral
  1. Its a great environment and a place to work t