Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

It all comes down to management

29 January 2020
You could have the best crew in the world stocking shelves but if the manager they work for has no idea what they are doing, or abuses their position it creates a toxic work environment.
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Flexible hours. Free Executive Membership. Decent benefits
Cons
People are not promoted based on skill rather their personal relationship with the higher ups
17 March 2021
Same role
Cashier/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) - Barrie, ON
Hands down Favourite job I’ve ever had. really wish it was easier to get hired on full time. No wonder no one wants to leave. would work there forever
23 January 2021
Same role
Morning merchandiser (Former Employee) - Grande Prairie, AB
My experience at Costco wasn’t the best. I did meet some nice people but I also met people that were not kind who had seniority and territorial and not very helpful. I’ve been injured three times within the two years I worked there. I’ve switched many departments and you have to be really strong and always fast so it was stressful. I had some good managers and some not so good managers who were unprofessional and yell at your misunderstandings. So I have mixed feelings on the place.
Pros
Benefits, guaranteed hours, paid vacation
Cons
Unfriendly work environment, lack of training
27 February 2020
Same location
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) - St. Albert, AB
Pay is nice, work environment sucked. Senior employees will throw you to the dogs. I got minimal training and was expected to be able to do things on my own without being told what I was doing. I was not made to feel like I was part of the team. I was working full time hours while being part time and got no benefits. Senior staff does not care about your feelings and will ignore your helplessness if you cannot keep up
  1. It all comes down to management