Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

If micromanagement is your thing....drink the Kool Aid!

20 December 2020
Policies are constantly changing which attempt to take the knowledge and professionalism out of the licensed audiologist’s hands. Management is constantly meeting with you if they notice any decreases to the opportunities you have to sell to people. Your manager will throw you “under the bus” any chance they can to make themselves look good. Management are not honest with you...told us the hearing aids they sell are the most current, when in actuality, the tech. is much older. This is the only reason they can sell their aids for so cheap. They purchase bulk hearing aids that use older tech. Their patient are is horrible—told us to push other appointments to make room for more sales opportunity appointments.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
23 June 2020
Area Manager (Current Employee) - Orillia, ON
Becoming employed with Costco is life changing in the most positive ways in that the job allows you to enjoy a better financially secure life for you and your family
Pros
So many
Cons
Not many
30 March 2020
Merchandiser (Former Employee) - Orillia, ON
It was nice working there, the people where i worked were great and friendly. it was fast passed and you always had to move. I liked that we got a free membership too.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
early morning
6 January 2020
Sales Demonstrator (Former Employee) - Orillia, ON
I worked the Orillia outlet, which was busy, but not CRAZY busy (Barrie store). I am compelled to differentiate because I even found shopping at the Barrie store quite stressful: it can be crowded & eclectic. The retail work itself is busy but enjoyable. Customers pay a membership fee--hence, they are generally very considerate.
  1. If micromanagement is your thing....drink the Kool Aid!