Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Great retailers, busy place

6 January 2020
I worked the Orillia outlet, which was busy, but not CRAZY busy (Barrie store). I am compelled to differentiate because I even found shopping at the Barrie store quite stressful: it can be crowded & eclectic. The retail work itself is busy but enjoyable. Customers pay a membership fee--hence, they are generally very considerate.
5.0Job security/advancement
19 June 2020
Same role
Product Demonstrator with CDS (Former Employee) - Waterloo, ON
learned communication skills learned marketing skills learned various things about cooking and selling the product. made new friends friendly environment
28 May 2020
Same role
Part Time Product Demonstrator (Current Employee) - London, ON
I have been through a lot both in and outside of work. The atmosphere is always changing, and as long as you can pull through the punches, it can be very rewarding.
20 December 2020
Same location
Audiologist (Former Employee) - Orillia, ON
Policies are constantly changing which attempt to take the knowledge and professionalism out of the licensed audiologist’s hands. Management is constantly meeting with you if they notice any decreases to the opportunities you have to sell to people. Your manager will throw you “under the bus” any chance they can to make themselves look good. Management are not honest with you...told us the hearing aids they sell are the most current, when in actuality, the tech. is much older. This is the only reason they can sell their aids for so cheap. They purchase bulk hearing aids that use older tech. Their patient are is horrible—told us to push other appointments to make room for more sales opportunity appointments.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
  1. Great retailers, busy place