Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

5 September 2019
Fun atmosphere, rewarding work, lots of room for growth and great pay. Management can be a bit erratic at times but great coworker and culture. Would go back in a heartbeat!
3.0Job security/advancement
15 June 2021
Same role
Night Merchandiser (Current Employee) - Anaquod st. Regina,Saskatchewan,Canada
Costco is an amazing place to work if you have the correct work habits, it's very busy from day to day so you need patience and common sense to accomplish goals and do service fairly to everybody. I think my employer is tolerant enough to accept me as a employee and I don't mind learning on the job as the job needs or changes via the company. I would find it difficult to leave a company like Costco because I enjoy cleaning and I enjoy talking with people as when its appropriate and sensibly I would rather improve myself or my behavior rather than quit because that's appropriate I think. Mostly Costco is awesome and a very interesting workplace. I just want to say Thank You Costco for hiring me and it has been awesome.
Pros
Always occupied at work
Cons
Difficult customers, variety of maintenance issues
17 March 2021
Same roleSame location
Cashier/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) - Barrie, ON
Hands down Favourite job I’ve ever had. really wish it was easier to get hired on full time. No wonder no one wants to leave. would work there forever
21 February 2020
Same location
Merchandiser/Cashier/Deli Clerk (Former Employee) - Barrie, ON
The benefits and job security are worth most of the work.. It depends on store location and when you come in. I came to the company when it was going through many changes and it hurt my pay grade. Many amazing people work at these locations. My main issue is how much they give to their senior employees. They keep asking for more and take from the people who are trying to get where they are. Advancement is very slow.. based on seniority. If you are young.. It's an amazing place to build a career. Some cashiers i know make 29.50 hr... If you're middle to older age group.. i suggest a a different look, because advancement is not performance base. I find the company holds a carrot in front of you with little ways of reaching it. But benefits are some of the best in the industry