Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

1 June 2020
Soon as you show up for work in the morning, you hang around your fellow coworkers for around 10 minutes or so.. do what you need to do before your shift. when its time, you punch in, grab a buggy, a pellet jack and shrink wrap and go to your assigned department and you basically move as efficiently as possible stocking up whatever needs to be stocked up. Shrink wrap whatever is leftover and forklift drivers to put it away while you work on restocking other products. Once everything is done in one isle, move on to the next isle. If you can restock 7 isles within 2 hours or less, it is considered really good. all pellets are to be aligned. 1 hour prior to opening the doors to members, clean up will commence. Everybody work together as a team to get the wearhouse open for members to shop. After that, break time. break time is only 30 minutes like every other places. Even if you go pass the 30 minute mark by 1 second, itll get recorded onto your review at then end of the 3 month period when its time for a review. Learned how to use a pellet jack for the first time ever. It was confusing at first but after using it a few times, youll get the hang of it. Managements were nice for the most part. At times, it could be fustrating when two managers tell you to do 2 different things at once.
3.0Job security/advancement
17 March 2021
Same role
Cashier/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) - Barrie, ON
Hands down Favourite job I’ve ever had. really wish it was easier to get hired on full time. No wonder no one wants to leave. would work there forever
23 January 2021
Same role
Morning merchandiser (Former Employee) - Grande Prairie, AB
My experience at Costco wasn’t the best. I did meet some nice people but I also met people that were not kind who had seniority and territorial and not very helpful. I’ve been injured three times within the two years I worked there. I’ve switched many departments and you have to be really strong and always fast so it was stressful. I had some good managers and some not so good managers who were unprofessional and yell at your misunderstandings. So I have mixed feelings on the place.
Pros
Benefits, guaranteed hours, paid vacation
Cons
Unfriendly work environment, lack of training
19 December 2020
Same location
Crew Member (Former Employee) - Burnaby, BC
For 10-11 months working in Costco before , I am satisfied and happy working because I love my job, and I’m happy every day going to work. It is the best place to work.