Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Great place to work, but not a career for everyone

1 March 2020
Some of the best people I have ever worked with, but most of the upper managers were absolute trash. My lmediate managers were great but they burn them out fast. Assistant manager and store managers were the worst. If you dont like family time this is the place for you. Oh yea and dont think for yourself they hate that.
2.0Job security/advancement
17 March 2021
Same role
Cashier/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) - Barrie, ON
Hands down Favourite job I’ve ever had. really wish it was easier to get hired on full time. No wonder no one wants to leave. would work there forever
23 January 2021
Same role
Morning merchandiser (Former Employee) - Grande Prairie, AB
My experience at Costco wasn’t the best. I did meet some nice people but I also met people that were not kind who had seniority and territorial and not very helpful. I’ve been injured three times within the two years I worked there. I’ve switched many departments and you have to be really strong and always fast so it was stressful. I had some good managers and some not so good managers who were unprofessional and yell at your misunderstandings. So I have mixed feelings on the place.
Pros
Benefits, guaranteed hours, paid vacation
Cons
Unfriendly work environment, lack of training
14 February 2020
Same location
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) - Regina, SK
Im a single mom..my manager is very nice and very considerate with my availability. Costco management in my location is awesome. So diverse community. Pays good and fun workplace.
  1. Great place to work, but not a career for everyone