Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Great place of opportunity

22 August 2012
Great place to begin your journey and build yourself for the future. Friendly environment, very team oriented which helped me thrive.
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
free membership
Cons
tough hours
21 July 2020
Same role
Merchandising and Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
They couldn't even keep their promises from the interview to me regarding the type of hours I would be working, start out at minimum wage to do slave labor in the mornings for high strung, stressed out, passive-aggressive managers. In my 30s...frankly don't need that attitude for min wage at this point in my life, thanks but no thanks guys.
Pros
discounts with insurance companies, get to be a member of Costco
Cons
early hours, high strung management, lie in interview process
23 May 2020
Same role
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) - Courtenay, BC
Great place for work and for a better career. However, the current managers are not bothered about the problems in the workplace that are faced by the employees. I strongly believe that they need to be improved in their current practices. Most importantly, managers have racism. Heavy discriminations and makes me difficult to work with a good mindset.
29 May 2020
Same location
Front end assistant (Former Employee) - Markham, ON
A typical day would include getting started right away and attending to job responsibilities. The day throughout is fast-paced not leaving time to stand around, its a busy environment which is great for those who like to run around and stay busy. Management is really considerate towards its employees caring for their needs and respecting their rights. the overall culture is diverse throughout all locations and everyone is quite friendly.
  1. Great place of opportunity