Costco Wholesale logo
Costco Wholesale
View all Costco Wholesale reviews

Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Great coworkers but horrible management

I really loved working for Costco at the beginning, but there was a lot of misinformation upon being hired about my benefits, i was hired as a temp and told would become permanent after 90 days, that did not happen, I worked 4 months and still was seasonal. Same with getting my executive Costco card, was suppose to get it after 90 days and becoming permanent but that did not happen. Thanksgiving all permanent workers received a free Turkey but seasonal did not which were many of us. On top of that took 3 months and a half to finally train me for my job on registers which was ridiculous, i constantly asked for 3 months to get trained. Cashiers and stockers were amazing to work with but some managers were just soo disorganized and did not communicate with associates or managers well. Ontario went on to lockdown in December and within that same week they laid off 50-60 seasonal associates with hardly any notice, they even forgot to tell me that the next day was my last day. So overall this is a good job temporary but would not recommend for forever.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Horrible management

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Busy and fun workplace.

Very good benefits. Excellent job security.Good management.Friendly workers.Paid vacation and sick leave.3-5 years to get full time.Everything works on seniority.
Same role

LOve working at costco

I absolutely loved working at Costco. I was a seasonal employee there for 6 months. Everyone over there was so friendly and helpful, I felt like I got another family. The pay rate was amazing.
Same location

Great work atmosphere, employees are very well respected and treated to great benefits.

I'd recommend anyone to work at Costco. One of the fairest companies to work for - entry level positions are treated with very high importance from all levels of management and they have a great open door policy where the managers actually listen to everyone. All in all great place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.9K