Costco Wholesale logo
Happiness score is 70 out of 100Above average
View all Costco Wholesale reviews

Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Good

This is a great company to work for. Staff and management are always friendly and helpful with a inclusive attitude. Benefits are great and even part time employees are able to get them after they finish their probation period.

Same location

Excellent place to work and grow

Work environment is awesome. Tons of room for advancement. The team has great drive and ambition that is shared among team members. Great place to work.

Fun place to work

I had a terrific time working there just didn’t get paid enough for my life ! Would highly recommend to anyone wanting to work there it’s a great place to build relationships and be part of a great team, and if you have the time to build up can be wonderful!

Pros

So many!

Cons

Pay at least when I was employed but other then that terrific !
Same location

Worked here years ago: Highly recommend it for a student or anyone needing fast income, but don't stay there for life

I worked here when I was in University. It was good as a Student, but a very prideful organization to work for. Days were unorthodox as a Morning Stocker, and management was very bad at communicating things properly. On top of that, you're sometimes dealing with coworkers and customers on top of that who don't respect their employees. Very individualistic environment as everyone is in it for themselves. There is team work at times, but that depends on the department you work in. It was good for a season, but I'd never go back and work there. Money isn't everything, but its showed me that those at the top can be very miserable and resentful about their lives. Too much people please in this environment. You don't have to place anyone, especially when people here don't respect you or don't treat you well. Do in, do your job, and keep your work and personal life separate. Very few people in the retail industry aren't trustworthy to open up to anyways. Also, there is more focus on loyalty there. There were people who were there so many years and made more than I did, yet I would work harder than some of the people in my department and made less. Seniority matters apparently, so be ready to work there for numerous years just to make top rate. Good for a season, but not worth it in the long term. There are better opportunities out there. Other ways to grow and learn. I got tired being around toxic people all the time, and glad I left when I did.

Pros

Flexible if you're a college student. Variety in trying out different departments.

Cons

Horrible management, terrible hours, miscommunication, Employees are very entitled, rude at times, and ignorant, Stupid seniority system: Based on longevity rather than how hard someone works.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

6K