Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Good pay a lot of favouritism

16 January 2021
Management not fair regarding internal job positions! If you don’t suck up the managers don’t expect to move up the ladder at Costco!Certain Supervisors are Tyrants!
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
A lot of Warehouse politics and management favorites
16 January 2015
Same role
Custodian (Former Employee) - Sherwood Park, AB
great management that allows you to find your own routine. Other than the obvious drawbacks of custodial work it was a great place to work.
31 March 2021
Same location
Cashier & Stocker (Former Employee) - Mississauga, ON
my issue was at the heartland location was management. I had told them I need to work less hours because I had acquired an second job. But they did not care about me so I had left. Outside of that the job was okay.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management does not care about their staff
14 August 2020
Same location
Merchandiser (Former Employee) - Mississauga, ON
Overall I believe I had a positive experience at Costco. I worked as a part-time night merchandiser. I left because my hours were getting too much and I was heading into my final year of university, which meant, I did not have the necessary extra time to be working late on some weekdays and almost every weekend. My hours usually went from 6 pm-11 pm. Because I was a merchandiser, we would stock and clean everything at night after the store closed. The co-workers were all great. It is a team environment as you usually get grouped up with other people in specific areas, but very fast-paced as well, especially during the holidays. You have to be on top of everything with deadlines and making sure everything is stocked by a certain time. I did feel some managers did not care about employees at all. It is a labour job, so there was a lot of "ordering people around". There were a few managers who were very good though. Overall if you think it sounds like something you would enjoy, I would recommend 9especially as part-time). After working there for a year, I learnt that It wasn't something I wanted to do any longer and the 1-year experience was enough for me. The pay is good, especially when working on holidays, but you do get called in a lot when other employees can't make it to work, or it is a particularly busy day/night.
Pros
collaberative, work freedom, co-workers
Cons
Late shifts, Repetativeness, Some Managers
  1. Good pay a lot of favouritism