Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 70 out of 100
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Fast-Paced

24 April 2020
Costco is a fast-paced work environment. If you like to stay busy all the time, this is the perfect work environment for you. If you like to do as less as possible, you will probably not work there after maximum 6 months. Employees that work there stay because they are always kept busy and accomplishing different kinds of tasks. Costco likes team efforts and drives the business culture accordingly. You will probably be told to pick up the slack by your coworkers, before a manager tells you to. Everybody works as a team, at least, in most Costco Wholesale locations.
4.0Job security/advancement
17 March 2021
Same role
Cashier/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) - Barrie, ON
Hands down Favourite job I’ve ever had. really wish it was easier to get hired on full time. No wonder no one wants to leave. would work there forever
23 January 2021
Same role
Morning merchandiser (Former Employee) - Grande Prairie, AB
My experience at Costco wasn’t the best. I did meet some nice people but I also met people that were not kind who had seniority and territorial and not very helpful. I’ve been injured three times within the two years I worked there. I’ve switched many departments and you have to be really strong and always fast so it was stressful. I had some good managers and some not so good managers who were unprofessional and yell at your misunderstandings. So I have mixed feelings on the place.
Pros
Benefits, guaranteed hours, paid vacation
Cons
Unfriendly work environment, lack of training
9 January 2020
Same roleSame location
Cashier / merchandiser / welcome / maintenance (Former Employee) - Boucherville, QC
Costco Wholesale is usually a fast-paced environment. Every employee that stays employed more than 6 months are people who hate having nothing to do at work. You like always having stuff to do and working in a team, you might really like it. Management gives feedback from time to time, but more often depending of the departments. Costco Wholesale also offers pretty generous benefits. There are also many possibilities of advancement. Al so, Costco employees are given various tasks, if there is not enough clients at the cash, for example, they will send you to do other things, until there are more customers at the cash. They will go get you, sometimes after 10 minutes, sometimes after 30 minutes, depending on the needs, but you will remain busy.