Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Extremely welcoming environment

1 May 2019
This place rocks. I had worked there for just under 2 years and made a lot of good friends. Unfortunately I had to leave because the environment for me (with social anxiety) would leave me feeling very distraught and stressed on holidays, weekends when they were especially busy. There is room for advancement and they pay/benefits are great for retail. The one thing about the company is that advancement is based on seniority not necessarily work ethic/qualifications.
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Great co workers and opportunity to move around in the company
Cons
Gets very stressful/overwhelming when it is busy
7 May 2021
Same role
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) - Cashier /customer service
Very good place To work for it is good if you like a fast pace environment helps time go by quickly lots of nice customers very good benefits if you get a full time position is also a many different positions you can apply for Also the staff and management are very helpful Overall Great place to workAnd the best part is there Poutines lol
Pros
Very good health benefits with a union
Cons
Could get very busy fast paced environment
3 May 2021
Same role
Front End/ Cashier /Carts (Former Employee) - Regent, MB
It was a decent place to work but I mean some people weren’t so nice they would talk about you behind you back and you had to kiss up to people in order to stay which shouldn’t be the case if you ask me. Because if your a hard worker but not wanting to constantly talk to many people because you wanna come to work just to work that shouldn’t be a reason to why you don’t stay there. I find that it was a super gossipy and judgemental.
Pros
How much money you make, benefits
Cons
Gossip, bad management
11 February 2021
Same location
Membership Assistant (Former Employee) - Winnipeg, MB
Will try and take advantage of you and sometimes goals are unachievable. Others will try hold you down including management. Their system of doing inventory is brutal.
  1. Extremely welcoming environment