Costco Wholesale logo
View all Costco Wholesale reviews

Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Review

CDS Demonstrator

During my time at Costco Wholesale I gave out food samples. while demonstrating nutrition and pricing information. The work culture involves worker morale and customer satisfaction. A typical day at work is fast paced since crowds of people approach our demo tables everyday. There is lots of responsibility following WHIMIS and Health and food regulations when new to the job. Management is very organized with our work schedules. The most enjoyable parts of the job is meeting and greeting visitors while demonstrating food to crowds; Its pretty thrilling to me. Learning nutrition information having small conversations about it with customers. A perk we have is trying out samples before selling them so that we provide our honest opinion about the food we provide.

Pros

Pay above minimum wage, health benefits, vacation time

Cons

I don't have negative to say because for a short period of time.

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

good place to work

learned communication skills learned marketing skills learned various things about cooking and selling the product. made new friends friendly environment
Same role

Fun Workplace

I have been through a lot both in and outside of work. The atmosphere is always changing, and as long as you can pull through the punches, it can be very rewarding.
Same location

Fast paced, expected to sell memberships and credit cards, chance to know the community

I worked here as a student while in uni, I’m not sure how much has changed since then. It’s very fast paced, okay pay for students, and students only work during breaks. There is a huge expectation and pressure to sell memberships and the credit card, to the point where I felt harassed by management sometimes. There is good opportunities to work in various departments and is even encouraged. Staff are hit or miss, some are kind and others are jaded. You get to know the various faces in the community, including restaurant owners and local politicians. They are flexible in terms of scheduling if you have another job and trading shifts are easy. You get extra pay if you jump on as a cashier if that is not your regular position.

Pros

Flexible scheduling, bonus pay for cashiering, student friendly

Cons

Expectation and quota to sell memberships and credit cards, sometimes super busy, entitled clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.9K