Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Business casual

4 March 2020
Everyone was nice and helped me if I needed it. it did get stressful at times especially when your new to cash and they had a rush but all in all great learning experience.
3.0Job security/advancement
21 April 2021
Same roleSame location
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) - Ajax, ON
Very good benefits. Excellent job security.Good management.Friendly workers.Paid vacation and sick leave.3-5 years to get full time.Everything works on seniority.
5 March 2021
Same role
Cashier (Former Employee) - Orleans, ON
I really loved working for Costco at the beginning, but there was a lot of misinformation upon being hired about my benefits, i was hired as a temp and told would become permanent after 90 days, that did not happen, I worked 4 months and still was seasonal. Same with getting my executive Costco card, was suppose to get it after 90 days and becoming permanent but that did not happen. Thanksgiving all permanent workers received a free Turkey but seasonal did not which were many of us. On top of that took 3 months and a half to finally train me for my job on registers which was ridiculous, i constantly asked for 3 months to get trained. Cashiers and stockers were amazing to work with but some managers were just soo disorganized and did not communicate with associates or managers well. Ontario went on to lockdown in December and within that same week they laid off 50-60 seasonal associates with hardly any notice, they even forgot to tell me that the next day was my last day. So overall this is a good job temporary but would not recommend for forever.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Horrible management
3 December 2020
Same location
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) - Ajax, ON
Depending on who you worked with your shift could’ve went one of two ways, if you were in good company the shift could breeze by as fast as it started if you’re working with less than cooperative coworkers/ management then it can feel like an eternity. Without giving specifics there was incompetence all around. Honestly it’s a good company to work for but you won’t always be in good Company if that makes any sense... it depends on the location and the hours that you’ll be working everybody’s miserable and just trying to do their best but don’t expect to actually climb up in the ranks without as*-kissing. Generally I would say stay away from any department that deals with food and just try and get Merch or front end or even lot.Allow me to end off by saying not every individual is bad there are a lot of good people in the store who more than on one occasion have been an asset to the company and have shown true good work ethic, that goes for management as well. those people know who they are they are, the backbone of the company they are the foundation of what makes Costco a good company to work for.
Pros
Benefits, paid sick days, paid vacation
Cons
Frequent sick calls from coworkers, Having to close down department by yourself without help most of the time, coming home soaked in blood and meet all the way from your knees down to your boots