Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 70 out of 100
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Best Job Ever

17 March 2021
Hands down Favourite job I’ve ever had. really wish it was easier to get hired on full time. No wonder no one wants to leave. would work there forever
5.0Job security/advancement
23 January 2021
Same role
Morning merchandiser (Former Employee) - Grande Prairie, AB
My experience at Costco wasn’t the best. I did meet some nice people but I also met people that were not kind who had seniority and territorial and not very helpful. I’ve been injured three times within the two years I worked there. I’ve switched many departments and you have to be really strong and always fast so it was stressful. I had some good managers and some not so good managers who were unprofessional and yell at your misunderstandings. So I have mixed feelings on the place.
Pros
Benefits, guaranteed hours, paid vacation
Cons
Unfriendly work environment, lack of training
12 January 2021
Same role
Night Merchandiser (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
I had a terrific time working there just didn’t get paid enough for my life ! Would highly recommend to anyone wanting to work there it’s a great place to build relationships and be part of a great team, and if you have the time to build up can be wonderful!
Pros
So many!
Cons
Pay at least when I was employed but other then that terrific !
21 February 2020
Same location
Merchandiser/Cashier/Deli Clerk (Former Employee) - Barrie, ON
The benefits and job security are worth most of the work.. It depends on store location and when you come in. I came to the company when it was going through many changes and it hurt my pay grade. Many amazing people work at these locations. My main issue is how much they give to their senior employees. They keep asking for more and take from the people who are trying to get where they are. Advancement is very slow.. based on seniority. If you are young.. It's an amazing place to build a career. Some cashiers i know make 29.50 hr... If you're middle to older age group.. i suggest a a different look, because advancement is not performance base. I find the company holds a carrot in front of you with little ways of reaching it. But benefits are some of the best in the industry