Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Employee Review

Bakery is the best to work in

27 December 2017
I got paid to basically work-out doing heavy lifting in the bakery. It was awesome. I wish i never quit. My coworkers were my family. My manager encouraged me to work hard and grow as a person. The warehouse manager ensured we were trained well and knew what was going on in the business. Once a month they would review financials and goals with staff. The ceo shook my hand and thanked me for working at Costco. He shook everyones hand and was so kind and down to earth.
5.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Treated like a human being. Aprons are washed for you.
Cons
Low wage when starting out. Forced united way contributions.
18 May 2020
Same role
Bakery Associate (Current Employee) - West Edmonton, AB
Good place to work, enjoyable and a long term job.. a lot of good benefits for the staff specially your retirement plan. I will recommend this company to my family and friends.
25 February 2020
Same role
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
Good People to work with. Management also gives bonuses and training to their employee. Lots of job to choose from. Very stressful sometimes but really worth to work because of the people you are working with.
14 October 2020
Same location
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) - Courtenay, BC
If you dont have a life costco is for you. The hours of work are really bad, if you want a weekend off you have to work 9 days in a row. If you upset the wrong manager, then you get stuck working 9 days in a row. For someone who has a family I am treated like I don't have a family. Fellow employees are okay, but management needs a lot of work, maybe even an over haul. When you have an issue with, say working 9 days in a row, they don't fix it, they just say they will deal with it but never do. The scheduling is the worse part of the job. Nothing is consistent or even close to the same. My 2 days off a week are constantly switched and I end up working more days in a row then 5.
Pros
Cons
No set schedule, poor management
  1. Bakery is the best to work in