Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Overall, a good place to work.
Cashier and Front- End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC14 October 2018
Staff and management were all very friendly and helpful, however hours were not guaranteed for my position. Other than the lack of hours, it was an enjoyable job.
Pros
Opportunities to advance
Cons
No guaranteed hours
great place
Assistant Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 October 2018
great place to work, great people to work with. all about improvement and quality while having great costumer service. taught me alot about casual work.
grocery store that promotes from within
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brighton Ave, Burnaby12 October 2018
I was a cashier, but my job consisted of many different aspects. Physical labour, stocking shelves, folding clothes, sometimes inventory or training is all part of being a cashier at this job, as well. One time we even got paid to knock out all the tills and help the construction workers install the new ones over night. The pay is decent for what it is, the variety keeps it from being boring, and the staff is a healthy mix of student and lifers. management can be relentless about upselling memberships, but every job as its drawbacks. overall I'd recommend working here, especially for students.
Pros
student programs, decent pay, variety of work
Cons
managment can be pushy
Productive and Liberating
Produce Evening Stocker (former) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2018
Great place to work with a friendly staff and great amount of hours. Always willing to help you when you need the support from your coworkers. Management improves your ability to work if you give them the leeway to learn.
Good co-workers and great benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2018
Its an engaging and satisfying place to work, with spectacular benefits and good on the job training. The management could stand improvement as scheduling issues and lapses in availability occurred frequently.
Pros
very structured
Cons
always work weekends
Good Place
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 October 2018
Good place to work, you put in the hours and it's worth it in the end, the staff was really nice and the pay is good to start if you want to work there in the long term, also lots of position to choose from.
Didnt tell me what I was doing wrong or anything in fact
Cashier and stocking (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB10 October 2018
When I asked what tasks I could do next they told me just to hold tight, that they would figure something out but they never would, and they never told me what I was doing right or wrong.
Pros
Cons
no team coordination
Tres agreable
Viande (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 October 2018
Une très belle ambiance, des gens fabuleux avec une bonne esprit d'équipe!
Bon environnement
Aide-commis Memberships (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC10 October 2018
Environnement agréable , motivant et très compétitif
costco
Front End Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 October 2018
This was my first seasonal job ever and at this Costco I worked at pretty much almost but not everyone was so rude to me no one talks to you durning break time the managers minus one person are very rude they talk behind your backs and treat you poorly.

Want to know more about Costco Wholesale?

Ask a question
Mon expérience
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC5 October 2018
J'ai aimé travailler chez Costco parce que c'est un endroit ou il y a toujours du service a faire. Tu ne peux pas passer quelque minutes sans rien faire et c'est vraiment ce que j'aimais ne jamais regarder le temps.
Ce que j'ai moins aimé est qu'ils nous donnaient pas de formation complète lorsqu'on était a un nouveau poste.
Good Employer
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 October 2018
Working for Costco for 5 years, made me grow up as a person, meeting good people every day and learning a lot about customer service, retail.
Is a good company to work for.
Good company for a long term relationship.
Cart attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2018
COSTCO is a good place to work for a long term relationship, after working 1,000 hours your wage will increase 1 CAD, it´s really complicated to get a full time job.
Peu de possibiliter d'avancement
Sans poste fixe (Former Employee) –  Candiac, QC4 October 2018
Je n'avais pas de poste de travail fixe, pas d'horaire fixe et une moyenne d'environ 10 heures par semaines de travail alors qu'on m'en avait promis environ 30 heures par semaine.

On ne se souciait pas vraiment que je n'aie pas d'heure, on me disait simplement que c'était ''normal'' sans m'informer si cela allait changer.
Pros
Carte de membre gratuite après deux mois de travail
Cons
Manque d'heure de travail
Great Experience
Front End Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2018
I learned so much and have take away a lot from my time there. I appreciated the welcoming work place environment and all the kind people. It was a wonderful experience.
Great place
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON1 October 2018
it is a great place to work that ensures that you have benefits of the help you need. the members are a little much but you learn to roll with it, a great place to work during school
Pros
brenefits and ability to move up
Cons
crowded
Good Place to work
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 October 2018
For the most part was a good place to work. Some of the people I worked with were hard to get along with, but management was great to deal with. Did not like having to cover front end
It was good experience part time job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 October 2018
It was very good to work there and I enjoyed it. It needs tolerance and patience due to all sorts of moods and personalities. Co workers were the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part was getting the cooked food out fast.
Pros
Cooking variety of foods
Cons
fast pace, hard working crews
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 September 2018
Lots of heaving lifting, everything at Costco is large scale. hard working fast pace environment. They have a great benefits package and lots of opportunity to grow. They care about their employees and you don't feel like a number. I found it to be a good company to work for overall.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Weird shift times.
culture is their own
Assistant (Former Employee) –  warehouse30 September 2018
great benefits, bad shifts for positions other than a cashier or front desk. 4am starts or 1:30 pm- 11pm. Management communication is poor within. Fast paced and overall a great place to learn new skills. Promotes from within.Trains from within.
benefits
Cons
management communication with staff and eachother

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2