Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Canada2,320 reviews

Found 2,320 reviews matching the searchSee all 13,608 reviews

Fun place to work

Good environment and good pay. The coworkers are really nice and the managers are very understanding. I highly recommend it. ALso, they pay $17.50 an hour which is really good. They are also very understanding with vacations but just give them a 3 weeks notice. I love my job even though customers are not very kind.

Fun workplace but gets hectic/stressful during busy hours

Fun workplace with fun coworkers. Managers vary as some are nice and down to earth while others couldn’t care less about your personal needs. Pay is fair while the workload seems a bit on the higher side as they expect a lot from their workers. They seek perfection and quality workers.

Where to begin?

I have been paid as a technician the minimum wage before this and I would still prefer to work there as opposed to Costco. Ableism is the main reason I was let go, they didn’t like that I wasn’t an extroverted employee, management is also unable/unwilling to implement a system where employees can put complaints against clients who verbally abuse or even hit them during the height of the Pandemic.

Productive and Fast paced

Flexible schedule, decent enough pay and hours. Within the Bakery there is an unfortunate standard of relying too much on the more productive workers instead of equalizing out the workload so it becomes a quick lesson in doing just the bare minimum unless you want to be buried alive with extra work.Evening shifts are brutal. A perpetual balancing act of completing wrapping (that should of been finished way earlier in the day) while trying to have enough time to clean.

Productive and fun workplace

Very fast pace environment. Good pay, hours, and benefits. Employees are hard workers and nice to work with. Time pass by too fast because of how busy it gets.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Stressful

Good place to work but very fast pace

Very fast pace environment with constant scrutiny from manager. Good pay, good hours depending on location and what department you work in. If in merchandise department good physical health is required, lots of heavy lifting.

Fun place to work

It’s a good starting job. You meet a lot of people. Workers there are friendly. A lot of diversity (age, ethnicity,etc). Time pass fast if you work with your friends.

Pros

Good salary Make a lot of friends

Cons

Poor management Standing all shift

Constant Push

A lot cool coworkers. But Costco's top value is "reward our shareholders." And that really comes clear. They will push their staff to extremes to increase output. A common joke with co-workers was that you can always do more. No matter how good or fast you get, there is always another level. Some managers are pretty nice and reasonable but one was like a boot camp leader, no exaggeration. You could be ripping so hard that you had sweat pouring down your back and they would come in and blast about taking things to the next level of output, putting it into another gear. Well there is nothing beyond turbo.

Pros

Cool co-workers. Higher wages if you stay for a long time. Clean environment.

Cons

Super hard work, always a push. Especially during stocking after store closed.

Best job I’ve ever worked other than Domino’s

Manager’s / Supervisor’s are wonderful. They are super flexible with work and personal life and treat you like a human being. Everyone on the job is usually in a good mood and I would gladly work there again in the future.

good hot dogs

title the hot dogs are delicious and theyre only a dollar fifty which is a great deal with inflation and all and theyre big too you know what else is big

Pay and benefits are good. Always willing to give more hours, even if your only part time. Management is good and fair. Staff are generally very nice.

Best job for a student in post-secondary

Very respectful of my schedule as a student and great management. Pay increases quite a lot and very flexible on what department you want to work at.

Great place to work long term

I highly recommend working here if you see yourself working somewhere long-term outside of school. The higher-up positions pay extremely well for the task you do. I highly encourage those who reading this post to check out how much a manager, supervisor, and up make.

Fast-paced but fun place to work at!

Fast paced but work environment is top notch. Learn new things daily and management is usually good. Overall a great warehouse to work at and get great benefits.

Pros

Free membership

Busy environment with a family feel.

Loved this place, only downside for me was the struggle to get fulltime gig because they promote based on seniority. They recognize your work ethic but seniority will win the race to the next level regardless. Still loved it though.

Environnement de travail productif

Je recommande cet employeur a ceux qui n'ont pas peur des défis. Doit être rapidement autonome. La première évaluation est stressante parce que c'est la ton avenir continue chez Costco ou s'arrête là !

Quick hands needed for this job

Great place to start off to get customer service experience. There is a good work culture and a friendly environment with coworkers. It can be busy at times but time goes by fast.

Very good benefits but hard work

You get great benefits and salary considering the low level of education needed, but expect that to be compensated by high levels of physical work. Expect to finish as late as 11:30 pm if they ask you to do merch (if there's no over time) or start as early as 4 am. Also, it's phsycially exhausting and when it isn't, it can be quite long and boring. The best part though is that they really repsect breaks and no more than 40 hours per week. Also the insurance is paid by the employer (for the entry level plan) and you get paid 2.5x your salary on holidays if you come in. Overtime is 1.5x even if you go over 1 min your 8.5 hour shift or if you go over 40 hours in the period of a week.You also get a free Costco membership and 2 extra basic cards to give to whomever you want.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Late hours, phsycially demanding

Busy majority of the time

Good co workers for the most part. Fast paced job.Recognized for doing your job well.Sometimes the public is hard to be around, you just have to smile and pretend all is well.

Pros

Working inside

Cons

Too many evenings. Scheduled every weekend.

horrible work culture

Management facilitated a culture that allowed for harassment and gossip. workload was intense and I was often left to cover an entire warehouse completely on my own.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

horrible hours and even worse work culture

Fun fast paced environment, however job security is not stable when first hired.

Very faced paced and challenging, however, it was filled with positive people that encourage you to do good. A typical day involved stocking inventory and making sure things were placed in the correct place.

Pros

High salary

Cons

Stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement