Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 2,165 reviews matching the search
This is one of the best places I have ever worked but u definitely earn every penny of ur pay there u get a bonus of 4 dollars extra on Sunday I was in merchandise to start out then went to deli
Baker assistan really fun and good job for me because i really love cook and making bread.as assistant im gonna learn more alot how to make any kind of bread.and i really love it.thank and God Bless..
Pros
Drinks
Cons
8 hrs
Will try and take advantage of you and sometimes goals are unachievable. Others will try hold you down including management. Their system of doing inventory is brutal.
No time to slack off at work, after all it's work. Good management, plenty benefits and positive work atmosphere. It's really competitive to get a job here but you'll realize why after landing a job there (they hire the best people) and so 99.9% you find all colleagues OK to work with and even if you find that 1 colleague that's a grouch, they come around, eventually....
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Écoute sporadique des gĂ©rants , procĂ©dures contradictoires , horaires modifiĂ©es Ă  la derniĂšre minute , grande Ă©quipe, bonne assurance , stationnement Ă©loignĂ©, grande distance Ă  parcourir lors des pauses , coopĂ©ration moyenne de la part de la direction travaille/ famille ....
Pros
Carte de membre fournie
Cons
Courtes pauses
I worked at the Vaughn commissary in the maintenance department and it was a great experience. Management was supportive, knowledgeable and generally just good people. Fast paced, long hours but a great experience.
Pros
Free Costco membership
Cons
was a great job but super confusing on how to switch shifts with people like you have to physically be there in person and have a manager sign off on both names idk but good
Pros
free membership
Cons
busy constantly
I absolutely loved working at Costco. I was a seasonal employee there for 6 months. Everyone over there was so friendly and helpful, I felt like I got another family. The pay rate was amazing.
My experience at Costco wasn’t the best. I did meet some nice people but I also met people that were not kind who had seniority and territorial and not very helpful. I’ve been injured three times within the two years I worked there. I’ve switched many departments and you have to be really strong and always fast so it was stressful. I had some good managers and some not so good managers who were unprofessional and yell at your misunderstandings. So I have mixed feelings on the place.
Pros
Benefits, guaranteed hours, paid vacation
Cons
Unfriendly work environment, lack of training
I worked here as a student while in uni, I’m not sure how much has changed since then. It’s very fast paced, okay pay for students, and students only work during breaks. There is a huge expectation and pressure to sell memberships and the credit card, to the point where I felt harassed by management sometimes. There is good opportunities to work in various departments and is even encouraged. Staff are hit or miss, some are kind and others are jaded. You get to know the various faces in the community, including restaurant owners and local politicians. They are flexible in terms of scheduling if you have another job and trading shifts are easy. You get extra pay if you jump on as a cashier if that is not your regular position.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, bonus pay for cashiering, student friendly
Cons
Expectation and quota to sell memberships and credit cards, sometimes super busy, entitled clients
Able to acquire new skillsGreat staff to work withExpectations clearly definedSupport from superiors and other staff very goodSuperiors were very approachable
Pros
ability to meet and talk with many different people
Cons
only option for work is seasonal - would like more job security.
I love working here. The shifts were perfect for me. Very flexible and hopefully will be rehired because I was only a seasonal. I learned so much from my co workers.
Pros
Friendly and safe place to work
Cons
Only seasonal work available
Management not fair regarding internal job positions! If you don’t suck up the managers don’t expect to move up the ladder at Costco!Certain Supervisors are Tyrants!
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
A lot of Warehouse politics and management favorites
I had a terrific time working there just didn’t get paid enough for my life ! Would highly recommend to anyone wanting to work there it’s a great place to build relationships and be part of a great team, and if you have the time to build up can be wonderful!
Pros
So many!
Cons
Pay at least when I was employed but other then that terrific !
Management talks the talk, a lot... but that's all.Lots of policies in place, they read nice but a rarely enforced.Have a concern? Watch your back, the boot-lickers are near, and most think of themselves as 'he without sin".Management promotes Igors (lot's of "yes master" types - see quisling)If you come to work to play and make friends, apply now. If you want to work and support the customers well and expect management to have your back, do not work for Costco.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, lots of fun
Cons
Don't fight for the customer, you'll upset the quislings.
Policies are constantly changing which attempt to take the knowledge and professionalism out of the licensed audiologist’s hands. Management is constantly meeting with you if they notice any decreases to the opportunities you have to sell to people. Your manager will throw you “under the bus” any chance they can to make themselves look good. Management are not honest with you...told us the hearing aids they sell are the most current, when in actuality, the tech. is much older. This is the only reason they can sell their aids for so cheap. They purchase bulk hearing aids that use older tech. Their patient are is horrible—told us to push other appointments to make room for more sales opportunity appointments.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
For 10-11 months working in Costco before , I am satisfied and happy working because I love my job, and I’m happy every day going to work. It is the best place to work.
Best place I’ve ever worked!! Pay is great & the hours aren’t too late or too early. Accommodating working life balance. Just wish part time could work three days a week rather then five.
Pros
Good pay, good hours
Cons
Part time is five days a week
Depending on who you worked with your shift could’ve went one of two ways, if you were in good company the shift could breeze by as fast as it started if you’re working with less than cooperative coworkers/ management then it can feel like an eternity. Without giving specifics there was incompetence all around. Honestly it’s a good company to work for but you won’t always be in good Company if that makes any sense... it depends on the location and the hours that you’ll be working everybody’s miserable and just trying to do their best but don’t expect to actually climb up in the ranks without as*-kissing. Generally I would say stay away from any department that deals with food and just try and get Merch or front end or even lot.Allow me to end off by saying not every individual is bad there are a lot of good people in the store who more than on one occasion have been an asset to the company and have shown true good work ethic, that goes for management as well. those people know who they are they are, the backbone of the company they are the foundation of what makes Costco a good company to work for.
Pros
Benefits, paid sick days, paid vacation
Cons
Frequent sick calls from coworkers, Having to close down department by yourself without help most of the time, coming home soaked in blood and meet all the way from your knees down to your boots
Theres a room of afvancement but it takes a long time.one thing i dont like here us the seniority base kind if thing as some if those who worked here for a long time were taking advantage of the new ones by iften times killing time when the time was getting close to home time.not all of them but some people i saw theyre doing it and the higher ups dont see this thing happening.
Pros
Free bottled water
Cons
Not guareenteed hours for seasonal workers
I worked at the North Costco it’s not the best place to work, they’re constantly changing the schedules around and always asking by you to come in early or stay late. They don’t tell you in the interview process that when they hire you you’ll be seasonal and it takes about 5-6 years to become a full-time employee if you’re lucky. I only worked there for a few months during covid because I needed the money but I won’t go back. The only good thing is that they’re generous with their breaks when working and most staff are friendly but it does feel like a very click-ie environment. They also pressure you very hard on upgrading memberships from gold to executive, if you aren’t good at sales don’t work here because they’ll cut you loose real quick if you don’t get enough numbers. Half the time when I was talking to people that English was a second language I felt like I was taking advantage of them about upgrading their membership or getting a MasterCard and one of the programs people would come and take over and talk them into it. They wouldn’t know how to say no so they just sign up, it’s very wrong. You also have to work late hours and your hours are all over the place. If you have a family don’t work here because they won’t work around your schedule, when I had to do inventory I would start at 3pm and go home at 1am. It was ridiculous, I never got to see my family, they always stick the new people on the worst shifts. DO NOT WORK AT COSTCO, horrible company.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Long hours, low pay, bad management, bad scheduling, late nights, not guaranteed a job after contract end.
  1. Employee reviews