Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Canada2,078 reviews
Found 2,078 reviews matching the search
Great Company
As Part-timer. It is great company to work for. They treat you with a lot of respect. Work hard. Always be punctual. Apply for Costco. One of the best companies in Canada. They treat with great pay.
Stressful/ Favoritism
To much stress on pushing credit card/executive card.
Very, hard to get into a Costco, and to get full time.

Management's, has their favorites and they get first pick. Longtime, full time employees are clicky. Made some great pt friends. Hard to get days off.
A typical day would include getting started right away and attending to job responsibilities. The day throughout is fast-paced not leaving time to stand around, its a busy environment which is great for those who like to run around and stay busy. Management is really considerate towards its employees caring for their needs and respecting their rights. the overall culture is diverse throughout all locations and everyone is quite friendly.
Fun Workplace
I have been through a lot both in and outside of work. The atmosphere is always changing, and as long as you can pull through the punches, it can be very rewarding.
day
costco is a great place to work. people are very friendly and the benefits are great. co-workers are nice and everyone works as a team together. very fun.
Good Pay
-Good Pay.
-Many departments with varying interests.

-Fast-Paced overall.

-Good Benefits.

-Good Career opportunities.

-Not that great for students and flexible scheduling.
My personal experience at this business firm
Great place for work and for a better career. However, the current managers are not bothered about the problems in the workplace that are faced by the employees. I strongly believe that they need to be improved in their current practices. Most importantly, managers have racism. Heavy discriminations and makes me difficult to work with a good mindset.
Fast paced, family oriented
Through the years of me working for Costco, I have been through alot both in and outside of work. Costco has never made me feel that I was unappreciated or asked me to do anything that was morally in question. The atmosphere is always changing, and as long as you can pull through the punches, it can be very rewarding. I habe been there 15 years and everyday is a new day.
productive work environment with room to advance
always something to do and the ability to transfer to different areas of the warehouse (optical, pharmacy, etc.) with provided schooling/courses. frequent raises for all employees
Nice place to work
The best part about working at Costco are the co-workers. People are generally kind and you can easily make friends there. Lots of people end up on break together so you are never bored or alone.
Work hours are fine and everyone is treated fairly for the most part.

Opportunities of advancement are available and if you work there for a long time you can 100% make a liveable salary.
Great Place to Work and Connect
Costco is a great place to work. The workplace allows you to advance into higher positions. At Costco, you work with a multitude of people that allows you to connect and diversify your friend group.
all very good people to work with
great work environment overall. was very welcoming and understanding. always gave me lots of hours and most customers are very respectful. very little downsides to working for costco.
Belle expérience
Quoi que je crois que cette emploi n’est pas pour moi, il n’en reste pas moins un très bon emploi.
Bien
Excellente entreprise. Bonnes conditions, bonne ambiance de travail
Fun environment
Good place to work, enjoyable and a long term job.. a lot of good benefits for the staff specially your retirement plan. I will recommend this company to my family and friends.
Fun experience that I cherish
A typical day at work would start with check in ,preparing snack cart equipped with paper towel,sanitizer, gloves,trays,snack cups and bags or boxes of the snack assigned to you.We also bring out a garbage bin for used snack cups and a mat to stand on. The snack station will be in same aisle as the snack being sold. We warmly greet customers proceed to provide nutrition, sales information and directions to the product being sold.We allow customers to grab a sample off the tray.Your snack station will be busiest on Friday and Saturday because that's when Costco is busiest. At the end of shift we wash trays and wipe down carts together before we checkout for the day. Most challenging part of the job was that your shift will change often it was hard for me to keep up with the schedule.I overall enjoyed the job very much.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Shift changes too often
Too much standing
The place was fine to work at. good pay but fast paced work and the management isn't even cooperative. Seniorities basis selection of internal hiring.
Very Productive and having lot of fun.
being as a Sales Advisor, you got knowledge of Costco commodities as well as directly communicate with customers. the environment was very good and friendly, very healthy for career building.
poor and no experienced management.no respect to employees.
it is a divers workplace, but only those guys( you know what color) get opportunities to be promoted. they can do it by means. they do not care.
Lots of turn over in maintenance technicians.
Fast paced
Very fast paced, can be very stressful if you have anxiety, and is very demanding. But it is a secure job with patient, understanding co-workers. Very friendly environment for more extroverted or more active people. The hours are a lot, but a good 9-5 job (can be as early as 8 am to as late as 10 pm). Too many hours can be exhausting and overwhelming but if it is hours you want, hours you will get! Also very secure job.
Good place to work.

Fellow employees are clique-ish and can be stressful if sensitive.

Busy, busy place. if you enjoy a fast paced job to make your shift go by quick, this is the place for you.

Good insurance coverage and pension options even for part timers.

I would recommend trying out working at Costco if you're given the option.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2