Cosmoprof Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Brand Specialist / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 January 2019
Very corporate culture! strong push to meet sales numbers period. company usually grows by acquiring new companies so they don't always see their sales force as a key contributor
Management Is Garbage
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON19 January 2019
Management is horrible. They don’t care about the employees at all! They like to sit around and deligate rather then do actual work. And the pay is nothing great. Having worked there for over 10 years the raises were garbage. The actual job is self is not a bad one, meeting customers and building relationships. Lots of product knowledge, free samples and employee discount. If you want to be treated with respect and rather then a slave, then stay far far away from this company.
Pros
Samples, discount
Cons
Management, wages
Good place to work.
retail sales associate, temporary contract (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC16 January 2019
Great little shop to work at. Manager has many years experience; easy to work for, fun, friendly, helpful. Good co-workers and customers; lots of regulars.
Fun place to work, but not the greatest job for me.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON15 January 2019
In my time of working at CosmoProf I had a lot of fun. I learned a lot about the beauty industry and about retail work. The only downfalls of the job were the hours, due to low staff I was stuck working almost 7 days a week with no benefits.
I would also stand around a lot just waiting for work to do which is not my ideal type of job.
what happens when you take upper management and put it in a blender.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2018
this company's management is a joke. I have never felt less appreciated in a job environment before. The immaturity in the people who lead this company is astounding, proper training for management should be a requirement, it clearly is not for this company. Do yourself a favor and never work here.
Pros
A job
Cons
The job
okay retail job
Sales/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 October 2018
its good job for someone who is coming off of maternity leave or just looking for a job to fill a few hours of their day. Company does need to be restructured. No room for growth.
Pros
free products
Cons
no room for growth
Not good!!!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2018
I felt very unappreciated . Management avoids problems instead of resolving them.
I do NOT recommend !
They do not look after their staff.mamagment does not respond to emails.
Very poor management
Can't trust
Assistant Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  BC8 August 2018
Hired to be a full-time Assistant Manager and in my time there I received no management training nor was I, or anyone else within BC, told what location I would be posted at. At the time every location had a Assistant Manager so the air of secrecy about my position made it a hostile work environment. Also, didn't get close to full-time hours which is why I decided to leave.
great company and amazing perks!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB5 May 2018
Great company to work for, hours were great! Demanding but an overall very enjoyable work environment! A lot of perks, and free products, amazing classes and learning experience.
Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON25 March 2018
this company's management is a joke. I have never felt less appreciated in a job environment before. The immaturity in the people who lead this company is astounding, proper training for management should be a requirement, it clearly is not for this company. Do yourself a favour and never work here
Pros
samples
Cons
No breaks, Horrible management
cosmoprof
Retail/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK12 February 2018
They pay is not great here. too much stocking and they have no chairs for employees. its like the only time you sit is on your break. it will be okay here if the pay was better
Loved working with this company!
Customer service / stock person (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB6 February 2018
I was so sad to leave this company, but overall glad I got the chance to work for them. Every job has its challenges but I loved the customers, co-workers and management. I met wonderful people and learned a lot.
Pros
Long hours.
Cons
Management change over.
Easy job with friendly customers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB14 November 2017
Small company with room for advancement. Friendly management and co-workers. Hardest part of the job is working so closely with a few people. Not everyone gets a long all the time.
productive, busy,
CUSTOMER SERVICE/ CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2017
if you work in the industry that you desire, the workload will come so easy to you it becomes more like fun than work.
I've learned by working with a team is communication. in order to follow instructions toward what is needed to be done and so forth
Pros
free samples of new products
Cons
maintaining the store (cleaning)
Ok job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 October 2017
Typical day was busy. Learned more customer service skills. Lots of product knowledge. Most enjoyable was meeting many new customers and learning new tips and tricks.
Pros
Product knowledge
Cons
salary, not enough hours
Great workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2017
Although the environment was amazing the pay was not enough to sustain me. The job itself is easy and comfortable and the ladies make you feel right at home.
I love to learn.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2017
I love the opportunity to talk and work with different people about professional products. I like to receive new and up to date knowledge, on products, procedures and policies. I find the company doesn't allow enough time to complete required tasks and I've been left to put in my own time to feel I have done and completed a task.
Pros
Alway have a 15 min paid break, and a staff discount
Fun enviroment
Sales associate, assistant manager, manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 February 2017
.Very customer oriented business.The manager is awesome,really caring,easy going and patient.The manager is very kind and a great support system as you learn how to be a part of the team and your role as a client focused employee while managing to get that days jobs done.10% off days was a blast everyone is excited and happy,it's are super busy day and it rocks.The thing I thought was weird for a beauty industry focused company is there clothing policy,i think I went through 3 wardrobe changes while I was there.When you work in the beauty industry you are naturally creative and flamboyant and a all black dress code is just boring.Than it was white and black than it became colorful and I hope it still is.Colrful and professional.
Pros
Room to grow
Cons
no benefits and poor wage and incentives are impossible to reach.
Love it here...
inside sales (Current Employee) –  missisauga ontario19 September 2016
Great team, Great leadership, a sense of family, fun sales incentives, approachable management. Learn a lot about different beauty products. Love my co-workers, would always want to work here, even if just 1 shift a week.
Pros
free product
Cons
none so far.
awful Upper management.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 August 2016
The management is very cold to their employees, in the sense of family emergencies, or deaths they would say rude and unsolicited comments and be very abrasive to their store managers.
it was an extremely high stress Enviroment with very little room for acknowledgment or staff appreciation.
i would never work for the BSG company again and would Recommend no one else did either.
Pros
Cons
long hours, inconsiderate management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cosmoprof. Our community is ready to answer.