Cosmoprof

Cosmoprof Employee Reviews

Canada50 reviews
Most locations are understaffed resulting in part time workers working full time hours without the benefits of full time employment like vacation pay/benefits/sick leave, etc. However, the manager at my location was wonderful and went above and beyond so that the employees were happy and not overworked.
Pros
Gratis/free products
Cons
understaffed
lack of communications with management makes for a stressful work environment. Team members and in-store managers are nice,uper management needs to do more or pay associates more for the extra work load
Pros
great discounts
Cons
work life balance and too much work for little pay
Unorganization and unprofessionalism goes all the way up the chain to upper management, which means be prepared for disgruntled customers, lots of staff turnover, outdated computers , unrealistic sales goals, no benefits for part time staff, constant scheduling changes, not enough educating in product knowledge of what we sell I could go on. But it’s a job I guess
Pros
Sometimes free product
Cons
I think I listed them already
Not open to the general public/beauty professionals only (licensed, certified etc), so knowledge of the industry is always an asset.
Schedule flexibility is necessary. Hours are great.

“Not just cashiers”

“Want to gain product knowledge..” - not the reality of the job. It’s work. You clean, merchandise, stock, inventory and deliver outstanding customer service on the industry’s top products and trends.
I worked there for about a year. It was a very low volume store which was nice at times because you could get a lot of things done. But then you'd run out of things to do, which made it very boring. You also opened and closed by yourself, and occasionally I felt unsafe. There weren't any cameras either so if I had to go in while sick, I was worried no one would know (and there were so few employees that I always had to go in while sick because they'd make a fuss about covering my shift)the management when I first started wasn't ideal but the manager was amazing and very well seasoned. The new manager that got instated when I was toward the end of my working there was very underqualified and it made it difficult to be there and do work.
Worst experience I have ever had at any job. Manager was great for the first year or so and then got very rude and nasty. Talked behind customers back as soon as they would leave the store . I worked at a location for roughly two years and in that 2 years I had seen 4 people and now myself so 5 people bullied out of a job. Doesnt sound like many but keep in mind there was only ever 4 staff 1 including the manager herself. Everything was awesome and exciting for the first year or so. After you start everything goes downhill. For the last year I was scared to go to work I had very bad anxiety and felt stressed out every single day going to work I couldnt sleep most nights. I literally was having nightmares.I would be told I was doing something wrong or she didnt like the way I was doing something and whenever she would decide to tell me it would always be in front of the other staff. Very embarrassing. One day she mentioned my shirt was inappropriate for the workplace, just out of nowhere and of course the other girls were in the room.
So I said "oh well I've worn it like once a week for the last almost 2 years" and her answer was yeah I've been meaning to tell you. She said it looked like a pajama shirt. (It was a blouse plain black shorter in front longer in the back) So many horrible things have happened I cant even begin to think about most of them. I have had customers coming in and asking about how bad it is to work in the workplace and saying things like I could never work for your manager. I have also had customers say to me I only come after 5 so I dont have to deal
 - more...
you do 100 jobs a day, for less than minimum wage, only one salary increase a year, anywhere from one cent to 25 cents. no room to advance, and no one listens to you. prepare to give them 24/7 availability. only good part is free product sometimes but not worth the amount of work you do in any given day.
Busy place, need great knowledge on hair colour, products , aesthetics products ...... great for hairstylist or aestheticians that no the business Fast pace customer service huge shipments to put out .
Pros
Latest hair products for stylists
Cons
Better pay
I loved working there. Loved all of our customers and will miss it. I was so fortunate to have an awesome store manager which made work life easier. Upper management can leave much to be desired and it can seem as if corporate doesn't understand customer needs as well as store staff needs. Upper management has a high turnover rate too so they're either dispensible or not treated well and they leave.
its a small team so everyone was close. its fast paced but enjoyable. clients are great most of the time.
fair pay, benefits, friendly completions. I did really enjoy working for them.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cosmoprof?
I am forever grateful for this company and the people I worked with helping me to learn so much from transitioning from the fashion industry into the design industry.
Management is one of the worst I’ve ever experienced. The manager at the store I worked at is the worst human being. Belittles you in front of people, has a personality disorder, talks down to customers, tries sleeping with employees husbands, comes to work drunk, has no clue what goes on in the store due to the fact she sits on her phone in the back all day. And when you try to get help from HR , they tell you to deal with it.
Was with cosmo for a year. Was 3rd manager for the store in a year, was short staffed and couldnt get staff becuase they insisted on paying 13.50 to licensed professionals in a city with high cost of living. Finally got quality staff and after being told different things by the 3 district managers i had i got burnt out. This created issues with my last dm who reprimanded me infront of staff. She also said i couldnt implement something unless it was already done by cosmo, i had made a paper that staff needed to initial when they had completed a task. They also use a fax machine and the most out of date technology that sometimes works. Lastly my dm began to ignore not just my emails but my staffs when a customer order qas not filled amd the customer called looking for it.
Overall loved my time working at Comoprof. I loved everyone I worked with, customers were awesome as well. If there was more opportunity to grow I would have stayed.
No matter how hard you work it’s never good enough.
Customers are wonderful to deal with but doesn’t make up for the thankless job your told,( not asked) to do.
this company under pays, makes you work long hours (if in management) does not care about their employees at all. you are just a replaceable number to them, They often witch hunt their own employees if the DM or RM does not like them
Great experience, amazing incentives, some company issues that do need to be addressed, short staff issued alot of stress and over time, product is always missing and wasnt consistent with orders, very disorganized leaving customers frustrated and us having to deal with it on a daily basis. no cameras in stores makes it easy for theft and often times there is theft, great place to work but can be very stressful, wage compensation was not ideal
Pros
incentives free products whenever new stuff was launched
Cons
having to deal with angry customers
Very corporate culture! strong push to meet sales numbers period. company usually grows by acquiring new companies so they don't always see their sales force as a key contributor
Management is horrible. They don’t care about the employees at all! They like to sit around and deligate rather then do actual work. And the pay is nothing great. Having worked there for over 10 years the raises were garbage. The actual job is self is not a bad one, meeting customers and building relationships. Lots of product knowledge, free samples and employee discount. If you want to be treated with respect and rather then a slave, then stay far far away from this company.
Pros
Samples, discount
Cons
Management, wages
Great little shop to work at. Manager has many years experience; easy to work for, fun, friendly, helpful. Good co-workers and customers; lots of regulars.
In my time of working at CosmoProf I had a lot of fun. I learned a lot about the beauty industry and about retail work. The only downfalls of the job were the hours, due to low staff I was stuck working almost 7 days a week with no benefits.
I would also stand around a lot just waiting for work to do which is not my ideal type of job.