Corporation of Delta Employee Reviews

Animal Shelter is Great Place to Work!
Animal Shelter employee (Current Employee) –  Delta Community Animal Shelter18 January 2018
Many staff at the Delta Community Animal Shelter have worked there for many years. The staff are hard working, dedicated and love their jobs working with animals. This position is not related to others within Delta, such as swim instructors or electricians.

If you are looking for a career working with animals and have flexible hours but are hoping to be compensated fairly, this is a wonderful place to be employed.
Pros
pay, benefits, flexible hours, great coworkers
ever notice about once a year these guys are looking for an electrician?
Grunt (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC13 June 2017
Extremely bad place too work, they have high turn over in the electrical dept. ( they only have three electricians ) the two supervisors are extremely difficult to get along with. don't waste your time with these people, they consider themselves "the best of the best" when in reality they are " the worst of the worst " you will hate working here, as most of their employees do. you have been warned!!
Pros
Cons
everything
Great way to work with the local community
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC28 August 2017
- Fairly flexible with scheduling
- Not as easy to advance
- Great group of staff that are all invested in the community
- Excellent work for university and college students
Productive and fun staff to work with
Volunteer Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Delta, BC12 January 2017
Staff and employers are creative and certified people that are always welcoming, helpful and most importantly, productive. I've always had lots of work to do and plenty on my plate working with the Corporation of Delta, however I've always persevered.
A great place to grow!
Assistance Aquatic Leader (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC26 June 2015
Each day included maintenance and paperwork.
A happy place where people are motivated to enjoy the surroundings and customer base by joining activities and competitive guarding. Teaching swimming was by far the most enjoyable part!
Pros
free gym membership!
dysfunctional,fearful,psychotic,depressing environment
not willing to say (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC20 December 2013
DO NOT work here...unless you are absolutely desperate for work and even then get out as soon as you can!!

the hardest part of the job............was the job, terrible ,terrible place to work. do not walk away...RUN away!!
Pros
Cons
everything
Comfortable working environment with managers that put in extra work
Gym attendant/Program leader (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC5 June 2017
I would make up classes for any age from 3-18 depending on what I was teaching that day. Then organize the patrons into a productive class.

I learned how to deal with many different ages and types of people, as well as how to be patient with different children who learn in alternate ways.

The management at Delta was encouraging and supportive. Whenever we needed help with our classes, whether it was buying supplies or ensuring the patrons were respectful, they followed through quickly and efficiently.

The hardest part of the job was ensuring all patrons felt like they were treated fairly and got their deserved amount of time from myself. Making sure the gym was divided for all the sports or ensuring all children in a class were given equal attention was the main focus.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the involvement that I felt with the community. Talking and playing sports with the patrons and making them feel comfortable within the public space.
Pros
strong work environment
Cons
inconsistent hours
Wonderful place to work
Lifeguard Instructor/ Deck Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC4 April 2017
Very flexible job that has been good to me for years, good people to work with, good management. Very stable job that is union, lots of opportunity to learn and grow.
It was a fun environment
Group Fitness Instructor/Personal Trainer/Speaker (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC2 June 2013
I enjoy helping communities to become fitter and healthier
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
not enough working hours
Productive place
Building Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC29 September 2012
cleaning washroom and change rooms helping people out
I have learn how to work as a team. helping out the people
Pros
meeting new people
Good environment
Aquatic leader (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC17 November 2016
Good working environment. Good benifets. Good hours. Unionized. Delta has a wide variety of jobs to choose from. Words words words