Corporate Office Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
My work environment is very interesting, challenging and every day is different.
SAFETY BOSS INCORPRATED (Current Employee) –  Near downtown Calgary Alberta22 November 2012
I start my day by turning on my computer, checking any over night messages, and spiffing up the kitchen.
I forward the phones to a desk where I'm sure to hear it ring while I'm on my "Walkabout". I say Good Morning to everyone individually. This gives me opportunity to see how each person is feeling today, anything new they want to tell me, fill me in on work stuff, and do they have any special requests?
I make my way back to my desk, feed my aquarium, water the plants and read my email. as I process PO's and get invoices ready to mail, the mail lady comes, and we exchange piles (and pleasantries). I open mail and prepare any incoming cheques for the bank deposit.
By this time the phone has rung about 30 times, so I direct calls, divert unnecessary calls, and continue to fill up my day with outstanding paperwork, fulfilling peoples needs, and tending to my own list of duties. The day flies by and before you know it, it's time to wind down, check again with everyone that their needs were met today, take care of last minute issues and make my list for tomorrow. Somewhere in there I'm sending outgoing courier packages and documents, and greeting visitors as they arrive.
At the end of the day, I fill up the candy dish that I always have on my desk, in case anyone is working late and feels like munching. I have great candy.
Then it's time to go home and do it all over again tomorrow!
Pros
beautiful workplace, full of antiques and art, very relaxing, and good lighting
Cons
one person in the office who does not like me and takes every chance to try to make things difficult, sometimes the building is cold