Corporate Investigation Services

Corporate Investigation Services Employee Reviews

Good employment for beginners

Not much room for growth and lower management does not show appreciation for her employees like higher management does. Instead she picks favourites and let's them get away with things that the typical employee would get in trouble for. That being said, I did enjoy working for the company and wish them the best with their future.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Poor lower management

Food , drink, pool and xbox

CIS is a very cool place to work and my co workers are great, a laid back awesome atmosphere at work. Get to speak with great people all day long in my job, I've been here almost 4 years now and have never looked back. I just love it. Free lunches every couple weeks and lots of extras- people really care here. If your not a good fit and don't know how to work hard- you wont last.

Pros

respect from management, free lunches and the odd surprise

Cons

cant think of any- could always use more money

Excellent Place to Work

I have worked for CIS for almost two years, and I can confidently say I feel valued, appreciated, supported, and I've been given opportunity for advancement several times throughout my tenure. I come to work every day knowing the expectations of my role and feel comfortable asking my superiors questions at any point in time. The workplace culture is positive, warm, and I have learned so much since I first started. I would absolutely recommend CIS with complete transparency.

Pros

Flexible, Supportive, Positive Work Environment

Fun and Supportive Place to Work

CIS has been one of the best places that I have had the pleasure of working at. No day is alike, and while we work hard, we have fun while we are doing it. The work is enjoyable and interesting, and there has been a lot of room for growth during my time here. There are also lots of perks that the company provides such as a large lunchroom that includes a pool table, Xbox, cupboard with free food (for if you forget or don't bring a snack or lunch) and popcorn maker (among other stuff), staff incentives, awesome holiday parties (including decorating the office for holidays and dressing up for Halloween), random pizza or catering events, and the company is involved in the community (environmental challenges, participating in London Clean & Green, raising and donating money for the local animal shelter, etc.). The social committee is very active, and not a month goes by that they aren’t planning something for the employees. Management celebrates birthdays and anniversaries, and fosters a supportive, communicative, and caring environment. They also believe in work-life balance, which is something needed and appreciated. Staff are also encouraged to decorate their desks and dress for their day – individual personalities are encouraged and celebrated. They cultivate an environment of positivity, teamwork, and inclusion. They also have really great apparel (they let you pick the colour you want), and it’s fun to see everyone wearing their CIS clothing!

Great Work

I enjoyed working at thi position in Regina, Saskatchewan . Worked only for 10 days in remote location. Employees are very friendly and courteous and very helpfull

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Lots of travel

good company

good company - Emergency First Aid & CPR/AED Level C not required but I had it, as well as a forklift license for undercover work. lOCATED IN lONDON ON but I worked from Toronto

Work environment with unethical practices

-usualy be asked to do way more than what's written on the job agreement. -terrible management -President, Accountant, supervisor all quit between 2018-2019. -CEO and partner do not listen to workers and assume everyone is an idiot. -Advice, ask people who work/worked for the company. If you're emotional, they are heartless.

Pros

Decently renovated lunch room

Cons

Ceo, Managenent, dishonesty and greed.

Typical Strike Company

Standard security procedures for labour Disputes Onsite leadership varies from job to job Jobs tend to be offered to a select crew based on availability

a friendly work environnement

I enjoyed interacting with clients, by answering their inquiries and gathering the required information to perform my duties. a very friendly environnement the management works closely with the employees and takes in consideration their feedback. a balanced life style.

If I could give a negative star rating I would

Worked a Labour dispute at Lafarge in Bath, Ontario. They intentionally cause issues with those on strike to prolong the strike.i quit after I refused to do this. They would intentionally try to get striking workers to lash out in violence. Strongly advise if you have any integrity, ethics and morals avoid this company like the plague. I also suggest all employers looking to hire them to avoid at all cost, they will only cost you more money in the long run, with court costs and other things.

Pros

Cons

Dirty company, poor ethics and integrity when working Labour disputes. Only there to cause problems

Always Room for Improvement. But

I'm moving on to a full time job but keeping my foot in the security field. Have worked for similar companies and comparatively, these guys are a cut above the rest. Given the nature of the work being Strike Management and some Investigations (the background stuff, I don't know much about) they have a very good reputation with strong supervision who actually do respond and take care of problems and my first choice. The work life balance sucks but that goes with the unpredictable type of work. The big thing for me is that they seem to take the time to screen their folk and hire some good ones. I haven't worked along side a lot of crazies unlike some other firms who hire anybody. Hours are long and unpredictable as are the shifts but when you're working they pay ok.

Poor

I was hired for a full time job. I got 2 shifts in 5 weeks. They blamed it on the client Management is disrespectful they do not care about their employees.

Pros

Cons

they lie to employees

Demanding & Rewarding

Physically Demanding on Body with Sitting and Standing for Long Hours Great Group of Workers Accommodations and meal allowance Professional Confidential Great Coordinator and Office Personnel

Too many issues

Not a company I'd recommend. Lack of respect, felt like I was being used. Most present and past employees feel and felt disrespected by this company.

Great job as long as it lasts

The job was fantastic as long as you were willing to be gone for 2 months and home for a few weeks then gone for 2 more months and the economy can support a striking union once the economy crashed so did my job so work life balance is relative to if you have a family and are willing to sacrifice the time with them co-workers were a great crew hardest part of the job was the 12 hourr shift hours away from the job site making for 14 or 15hour days living in a hotel for 2months basically just working eating sleepin that was your life for 2 months at a time all done in a shared room of a hotel swithcing off with your roommate at the jobsite

Professional

CIS has a great leadership team with an open door policy. Always wanting to better their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corporate Investigation Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement