Corporate Couriers Logistics
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

Corporate Couriers Logistics Employee Reviews

A decent in-between / summer job

Working here is decent as a temporary job, as it certainly isn’t a very exciting line of work and there’s not much of an opportunity to move up / get raises. An average day is pretty straightforward, show up at 8:30, load the van and leave around 9:30-10:00. Finish all your deliveries anywhere from 16:00 to 19:30, depending how quick you are and if you take all your breaks (2 paid 15’s and unpaid 30). If you finish before 17:30ish you usually have to help someone else out with their route. Managers are good people, easy to interact with and never once had a complaint from them for my work, or told to hurry up on my route, as I’ve seen mentioned in other reviews. I’m assuming those people were slow and needed to be helped every shift. The vans are in poor condition, the main problems with them are usually bald tires and uncomfortable seats. That said most of them run pretty well mechanically and feel pretty safe to drive.Hours are very flexible, you work as many days as you want and you will be asked to take extra shifts for a $50 bonus, fully optional. Overall it’s a pretty decent job that’s not too labour intensive, has an average wage and not too stressful.

Toxic ungrateful management overworks you for low pay

I enjoyed being able to delivery to different places and it was nice being able to get consistent hours. That being said, CCL doesn't care about their employees at all, it's all about the bottom line. Throughout Oct-May I was delivering 200+ package routes and taking extra shifts that they asked me to. In the summer, because I'm sensitive to heat and it was a particularly hot summer, my performance decreased slightly. Instead of receiving rescues like other drivers would get on the daily management made me feel as if I wasn't giving enough of an effort and rarely gave me help.In September I started doing larger routes and taking extra shifts again. In October, after having done 13 hour shifts 6-7 days a week for them (because they were begging me to come in) they then didn't renew my contract. When I asked management as to why they wouldn't renew my contract they replied with "business decisions" along with a follow up phone call from some rude person in HR that asked me "what I'm having trouble understanding" I said "the reason for my contract not being renewed" and she just barked "BUSINESS DECISIONS" at me.Double standards and special treatment run rampant in management. I got written up for saying the word "horsesh*t" but when telling the manager about another employee calling me a "f*cking a**hole" he says that "I probably was being one". Even though he said no cussing is written into our contract it seems to only apply to the people management want to apply it to. If management likes you, you're likely to get an easy route that you can take into overtime. Meanwhile -

Pros

Consistent hours, easy work, see lots of different places

Cons

Toxic management

Busy day, long hours, short work week

Most employees work 4 days a week 10 hour days. They pay the overtime when you go over that time, (all the time). It’s not an easy job, but it’s not that hard either. Take packages and deliver them, and don’t take too long. Some people skip all the breaks, and abuse themselves to get the job done faster, only to be sent to help other drivers who aren’t done yet. Me personally I always get all my breaks, and finish close to on time. No point in breaking your back, as the best and worst employees are paid the same, not much room for advancement, or raises from what I’ve heard.

Pros

Air conditioned van

Cons

Great if you have no life

Hours were between 9-12 hours, you have to scan all your packages yourself at the start of the day and hope that you can load fast enough to not have management upset with you. Either they're overstaffed or understaffed every single day, and when they're overstaffed people get sent home without pay. If you refuse to work over the set 10 hours they tell you about, you get in trouble, but you also get in trouble if you go into overtime. It's highly stressful all the time aside from when you're driving. You're always tired, and the management is garbage. In the time I worked there it went from like 80 packages and 75 stops, to 200+ packages with 120+ stops minimum.

Pros

Good pay, secure hours, okay breaks

Cons

Long hours, terrible management

Tough stressful job

Was good when I started but now is insane. Your day will start with sorting an average of 200+ packages in a very limited place and small van in less than 30 minutes (you will hate yourself doing this), then the stress come when you know that you have an average of 180 stops to do in 8 hours (this’s insane, other companies like FedEx/Dhl do around 50 stops maximum), by 1pm you will feel yourself running out of time and start running and drive aggressively.. this will cause injuries/accidents (hurting your back/knees is a very common thing in this job), and you will be thinking of quitting most of the time (usually new people would quit within 2-3 weeks). I don’t recommend it unless you know the mangers so you get one of those nursery good routes (30-50 stops).

Pros

Cons

Low pay, stress, long day, heavy load, everything

26 July 2021
Hello,Thank you for the feedback. We are disappointed to hear of your experience. Please send us an email at HR@Corporatecouriers.net so we may further explore your comments.

Was one of the most dramatic and toxic work environments

Worthless HR, I have never seen a company with such worthless HR, they don’t do their job until they are forced to do it, perfect for people that enjoy drama and skid stain attitudes

Pros

You can choose how long you work and the days you work

Cons

Everything about this place, this place is pure garbage

20 July 2021
Hello,Thank you for the feedback. Disappointed to hear of your experience. Please send us an email at HR@Corporatecouriers.net so we may further explore your comments.

Independence and overtime

If you working effectively they pay you overtime also. Supervisor and dispatch are treating with respect. Management needs to improve. Management concerning less on driver’s problems. Not giving opportunity to grow.

Pros

Cons

Poor management

15 July 2021
Thank you for telling us about your experience. We appreciate your feedback, as we’re always looking for ways to improve our business. If there is a specific concern or improvement you would like to see, please send us an email at hr@corporatecouriers.net so we may further explore your comments.

Horribly Stressful

Worst work place you can ever be apart of. That says it all. Managers are jokers who dont care about the empoyees. Career advancement is a word this company has never heard of unless you are close to the owner. There was a senior manager a couple of years ago who knew what he was doing but the current ones are plain crazy and think barking orders is the best way to go

Cons

No Benefits / NO Sick Leave

14 July 2021
Hello, Thank you for the feedback. Disappointed to hear of your experience. Please send us an email at HR@Corporatecouriers.net so we may further explore your comments.

Management here doesn't give two dumps about your health and safety

I have been working here for many months now and I must say that this is the most awful company I have ever worked for in my 40 year job history. They expect you to drive vehicles that no safety inspector would allow to be driven and they also expect you to break every speed limit and parking law just to deliver more packages. Run. Run far and run fast.

Pros

Cons

Managers are clowns

15 July 2021
Hello,Thank you for the feedback. We are disappointed to hear of your experience. We work closely with WorkSafe BC in order to make our workplaces safe environments for our employees. If you are being encouraged to break local and provincial traffic laws or if there are concerns about your safety, please send us an email at HR@Corporatecouriers.net so we may further explore your comments.

Horribly Stressful

Worst work place you can ever be apart of. Management treat employees like slaves - vehicle has no safety - and extremely unclean. there is 0 scope for advancement

15 July 2021
Hello,Thank you for the feedback. Disappointed to hear of your experience. We work with WorkSafe BC to ensure safe environment for our employees. If you have any concern over safety, please send us an email at HR@Corporatecouriers.net so we may further explore your comments.

Horribly managed gong show

I cannot stress enough of how bad a company this is. But I'll keep it short and simple. You wanna work long hours with a pathetic compensation? Do you wanna cram over 200 packages into a tiny van that you must scan and organize yourself? Do you wanna work with management that just barks orders and does nothing itself? Do wanna work knowing that even at a full time employment, fast food employees at part time work get better health benefits than you? If all this sounds appealing, what is wrong with you?Plain and simple, they don't care about you and will push you to work into overtime, WHICH THEY DON'T PAY YOU FOR.Pathetic company.

14 July 2021
Hello, Thank you for the feedback. Disappointed to hear of your experience. We follow ESA standards in Canada. if there are concerns regarding your pay, please send us an email at HR@Corporatecouriers.net so we may further explore your comments.

Straightforward work

Appreciate the straightforwardness of the work and the work culture was alright as well. The employment is certainly better than a lack of employment.

15 July 2021
Thank you for telling us about your experience. We appreciate your feedback.If there is a specific concern or improvement you would like to see, please send us an email at hr@corporatecouriers.net so we may further explore your comments.

Desperation Move

This job is proof that anyone who wants to work in Victoria can get a job. That's the highest praise you can give it. Its is a gig where if you want to survive in this town you're gonna need to give up more or less all of your free time. CCL is down to desperation in my opinion, hiring basically anyone who applies. My experience involved low wages, long hours, covering for slackers, and broken promises that were met by cowardly silence upon my honest attempts at resolution. My suspicion is that much larger problems at the top preclude this organization from focusing on the shame they should rightfully feel for the downstream manifestation of their failed acumen.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Everything else

14 July 2021

This job is a temporary job

Delivery driving is not for lifetime For temporary job is ok By covid-19 this job is good and so -so salary Not too bad ........................

Pros

Free snacks

15 July 2021

Easy job with guaranteed hours.

You can essentially work as much or as a little as you want, the flexibility is great. No incentive to work harder or faster, advancement opportunities are inexistent. Take the good with the bad, overall the people are nice and it's an easy job.

Pros

Flexible hours, explore the city

Cons

Long days, low pay, no benefits.

15 July 2021

Get to meet great people from the places you pick up from

Your not really ever at the 'office' perse unless you have a route that picks up from the building. Everything is dispatched via an app. Some days can be slow, and you never really know as the amount of packages that needs to be picked up from day to day vary depending on the businesses you serve. Pay is per parcel picked up and the urgency of the parcel. faster its needed to be delivered, the more it pays.

Cons

OK pay

welcome to the circus

If you enjoy using an empty water bottle to relieve yourself inside a dilapidated van because you have no time to stop and use the proper facilities, this is the job for you.Each day consists of loading around 150 to 200 Amaz*n packages into a tired-out and poorly maintained van and venturing out to any neighborhood on the island to deliver them.There is no incentive to do a good job as there are no pay increases or benefits. The only time you hear from management is when something is wrong - "thank you" is not in their vocabulary. Safety takes a backseat to profit and volume.Everyone is treated poorly by the company and there is constant pressure to deliver more packages in less time, but there are only so many hours in a day.A good stop-gap job if you can cut past the noise and go at a steady pace but no place to have any type of career.The key is to not be the fastest or the slowest, just somewhere in the middle under the radar and you'll be fine.

Pros

get to see lots of places on the island

Cons

poorly managed and drivers severely overworked

stressful and misleading company

you are good in company until you starting making any complaints or raise your safety issues related to your job or company , when you raise your voice about any misleading or regarding vehicle or stuff they will start harassing and make situations stressful . company is friendly just with their hommies not with all drivers.

Great place to work!!

This job is great, people around the job are nice and always bring a smile to my face. I have learned a ton from working here everyone is so helpful. The bad...sometimes it’s hard to find an address. The good....someone is always there to give you a hand.

Great professional company!

Great professional company! Really nice place to work with a good culture and respect for employees and customers. Good work life balance along with opportunities to grow. People who are willing to work hard with a passion to work in the growing logistics industry should apply for a role at Corporate Couriers.

A growing company with positive environment

The company is a fast-paced work environment with constant improvement such as new systems in place, higher standards and procedures, as well as being inclusive with quarterly town-hall meetings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corporate Couriers Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4Job security/advancement